Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-19-2019, 08:18 PM   #1

What's the best wedding lightroom presets for pentax cameras?

That doesn't look like the usual instagram filter. thank you

And yes, you can do weddings with pentax

08-19-2019, 10:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is no preset to rule them all.
Presets depend so much on the tone curve of the picture. Pentax also having its own base curve.
Then also it will depend on the look you want to achieve.
Presets give you a start and you have to tweak to your liking.

Culture.
08-20-2019, 01:24 AM   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alexx Quote
What's the best wedding lightroom presets for pentax cameras?
Without wishing to sound flippant, "your own"... What I mean is, you're best off processing one of the wedding shots manually until you've achieved a look that you're happy with, then saving the adjustments as a preset so you can apply it to other photos in your shoot.
08-20-2019, 02:27 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What they said. Figure out what adjustments you like (bumping shadows a bit, a touch of clarity and vibrance, some contrast, etc) and then save your results.

You can look online and find a number of preset packages that aren't too expensive. I just find that many of those are a bit over the top with too much saturation and contrast.

08-24-2019, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Without wishing to sound flippant, "your own"... What I mean is, you're best off processing one of the wedding shots manually until you've achieved a look that you're happy with, then saving the adjustments as a preset so you can apply it to other photos in your shoot.
I've never used any purchased presets. I always spend the time adjusting a couple of shots to what I like, saving a preset, and then applying those settings to the other shots. There are usually large groups of shots where the exposure is identical so once you get what you want, you can breeze through them quickly. I can see the value in using somebody else's presets when you're first learning PP to see how all the different tools work together but the chances of one of your photos having the exact same exposure and starting point of somebody else's is very slim and you would end up adjusting your shots anyhow.
08-26-2019, 08:25 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
There is no preset to rule them all.
Presets depend so much on the tone curve of the picture. Pentax also having its own base curve.
Then also it will depend on the look you want to achieve.
Presets give you a start and you have to tweak to your liking.

Culture.
Well, i'm looking for that start

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
At my usual photo job they gave me one preset and i'm using that one and they are happy with the results. I was looking for some easy and fast way but probably i will have to try them all . i kind of dislike the editing process.
08-26-2019, 11:48 PM   #7
Veteran Member

It really took me a long time to find presets that work for me.

Unlike others, I am not good at all at how to move sliders. I dont know what the opposite color of yellow is.
So it was very difficult for me and it still is. For others this is simple. They know exactly the look they want and how to achieve it.
Most of the time for me I dont know the look that I want. I just happen to stumble on them while working.

Keep in mind that others will tell you how easy it is, but when you look at their work that is not the look you want or prefer. It works for them, that is ok.

I got frustrated at some point because I felt like I was failing. I had tons of pictures on my computer but didnt know what to do with them. I took online classes on post processing. It helped me to to some extent.

I downloaded free presets from website that I might like. I apply them but they dont look as advertised. Not because they are bad, but mainly because the tone of the picture it was applied to was probably different than mine. Hence my earlier comment. This is what have come to learn.

As time went on I stumbled on presets that could get me started. But I really did search. Hard.

Even now after shooting a wedding, post processing is the part that gives more stress than anything else.

But just last week somebody was saying that when they look at my work I have a specific look.
I am not really sure about that, But I take the compliment, and always looking for way to make that "look" better, easier and faster.

Another colleague was gushing of over my work and saw my website.

So dont give up or frustrated. Dont overly compare your work to others. And dont let others make your feel that it is so easy. We are all different.

Culture.