Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-11-2019, 07:38 PM   #16
Veteran Member

You can get a color laser but unless you get a professional level laser printer, the colors are too off to do any serious photo printing.

10-12-2019, 05:04 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm going to babble on the Cannon Pro-100 also. They show up on sale with rebates at the same time at places like B&H and Adorama. You can end up with the printer, ink, and 50 sheets of 13"x19" photo paper for a net cost of about $50-$60, if memory serves right. Yes, they are basically giving you the bundle for future ink sales, but it's a great printer, and you might find you really like some big prints of your favorite photos.
10-12-2019, 07:35 AM   #18
Unregistered User

I don't print pictures for sale or distribution myself, so I don't use the printer as often as one who does so as part of a business. In my experience, a color laser printer can do a pretty good job with the colors without the problem of ink cartridges drying out. On the other hand, dye-sublimation and inkjet printers seem to have the edge on color accuracy. For my purposes, the Xerox Phaser 6022 works fine. The printer's pretty cheap, around a hundred and fifty bucks, but the four toner cartridges cost about the same. They make their money on consumables.
10-19-2019, 07:59 AM   #19

About ink costs consider that for office printing you might be able to use the continuous ink printers to be able to print a lot more for less. However for photo printing youll probably need to stick with photo printers that use better inks for longevity of your photos. I am not sure if it is better to buy both an office printer and a dedicated photo printer at the same time.