Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-24-2019, 02:40 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You could post images that have been reduced in size that contain a watermark, then allow the user to download the actual purchase image that has been sized according to what they are paying for. It would be up to you to place a small copyright notice (watermark) on the image that the customer downloads, of course advising them if you would be doing so prior to their purchasing. Otherwise, you could show/display the images with watermark copyright, but offer only prints that would be sent to the customer which you could place a copyright notice on the back of (using a soft writing marker that would not dent the print, in a lower corner for example), that way avoiding any marking in the image on the front.

When I sell or gift a framed image or the print, I write my name, copyright, and the year on the back of the print. That way I am noting a copyright on the image/print. I retain my original digital images that contain my name as copyright and other information in the exif data, so if I ever need to prove anything it is easy to do.

Last edited by C_Jones; 10-24-2019 at 03:09 PM.
10-24-2019, 07:22 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is probably the most practical.
10-25-2019, 03:52 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
When I sell, I only sell my artistic work and do physical, matted, framed, initialed, numbered copies (I guess I'm old enough to see physical works as art and, maybe to my detriment, not virtual images). I don't sell digital copies at all. I do paid work mainly just to front the costs of producing my artwork. Maybe my mind is just too stuck in the 80s and 90s when physical work was pretty much everything. Old dogs and all.... You've given me quite a bit to think about, so thank you!!
10-25-2019, 02:14 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like you have something nice going. Good luck.

12-23-2019, 08:56 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you DLH. I appreciate your comments and the thread you shared. The only issue I would take is the "effectiveness" is not all that counts. Love is the engine of survival; love of others, yourself, your passions, and love of those who don't currently have it. #yeahstillahopelesssantacruzhippiealltheseyearslater