Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
11-25-2019, 02:15 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The AutoFill mode of Microsoft ICE is fantastic !

11-25-2019, 04:23 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
The AutoFill mode of Microsoft ICE is fantastic !
It isn't free but Affinity Photo does Panorama Stitching very well, also focus stacking, and is very easy to use for this purpose. It will stitch a large number of photos all in one process which is very easy to use. It's a one time fee of $50, on sale for $40 at times (might be on Black Friday?), updates are all free, and there is a free trial period. It's a very full featured photo editing program.

I didn't intend for this reply to be attached to another message - sorry, I goofed and can't change it.
11-25-2019, 06:15 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
Are there any cheap options to be able to stitch together a high quality panorama?
Freeware such as hugin and ice are the first cheapest solutions.
The second cheapest solution is to stitch with thread and needle.
Then it paid software, such as LR etc.
11-25-2019, 08:26 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I use autopano pro, I didnt know about Microsoft ICE!

11-25-2019, 08:49 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wanderer2 Quote
It isn't free but Affinity Photo does Panorama Stitching very well, also focus stacking, and is very easy to use for this purpose. It will stitch a large number of photos all in one process which is very easy to use. It's a one time fee of $50, on sale for $40 at times (might be on Black Friday?), updates are all free, and there is a free trial period. It's a very full featured photo editing program.

I didn't intend for this reply to be attached to another message - sorry, I goofed and can't change it.
I just got an email from Affinity that everything is 20% off in a Black Friday sale, starting now I believe. So Affinity Photo is $35 now instead of the usual $50. An incredible bargain for this powerful processing tool, IMHO.
11-25-2019, 12:16 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies. I consider myself a bit behind the curve technology wise but I downloaded ICE and found it to be very intuitive and within a few minutes had stitched together my first panorama. While on a cruise to Alaska I took series photos of sections of a glacier panning from one end to the other. Stitched them together nicely and could edit the panorama in LR.
I think that’ll take care of my needs for panorama nicely.
Thanks also for the mention of Affinity. I will check that out too. My next “need” had been for software to do stacking for macro.
Thanks
11-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
My next “need” had been for software to do stacking for macro.
Thanks
Do you mean focus stacking?
That can be done with enfuse, which is part of the hugin package for Linux.
I think there is a tutorial on using enfuse for focus stacking, just use those keywords in a search should find it.

Cheers,
Terry

11-29-2019, 03:28 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Hugin is also open-source/free, and a very capable panorama tool.

Hugin - Panorama photo stitcher
Another vote for Hugein here. Also can be used in command line mode if something really specific is needed but that needs a much higher learning curve.
12-04-2019, 08:43 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tduell Quote
Do you mean focus stacking?
That can be done with enfuse, which is part of the hugin package for Linux.
I think there is a tutorial on using enfuse for focus stacking, just use those keywords in a search should find it.

Cheers,
Terry
Does Hugin for Windows also do focus stacking or is that only in the linux version?
12-04-2019, 12:26 PM   #25
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Does Hugin for Windows also do focus stacking or is that only in the linux version?
The last time I tried Hugin itself wasn't set up for focus stacking. Hugin is a front end for Enfuse. To focus stack I ran Enfuse through the terminal. And yes there is a tutorial somewhere for it.
12-04-2019, 12:50 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
The last time I tried Hugin itself wasn't set up for focus stacking. Hugin is a front end for Enfuse. To focus stack I ran Enfuse through the terminal. And yes there is a tutorial somewhere for it.
Thanks. Based on what you said I looked for other front ends for Enfuse and apparently there is one called EnfuseGUI that exposes the focus stacking and HDR portions of Enfuse along with the panorama. So instead of Hugin, I guess it would be better to use EnfuseGUI? I'd have to play around with it sometimes.