Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
12-03-2019, 06:13 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Are there still limitations in place as to which adjustment types can be used locally?
I dont think so. I do most of my editing in Photoshop and the two setups are quite different. I stick with what i know.

12-03-2019, 08:59 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Are there still limitations in place as to which adjustment types can be used locally?

LR used to limit local adjustments to a comparatively low number of adjustment types, with "HSL", for instance, being frequently requested as a local adjustment by LR users.

This was one of the reasons for me to switch to Capture One as the latter practically allows all kinds of adjustments to be brushed in or be applied through gradients, and most recently even through parametric luminosity masks.
The number of local adjustments has increased to what it used to be, but there are still a number of adjustments that can't be applied locally.

I actually looked at Capture One for that reason, but then saw the price tag. Several years of Adobe CC Photography subscription for a perpetual license, or something over double the Adobe subscription paying monthly, and no Photoshop.
12-03-2019, 11:28 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwizinho Quote
I actually looked at Capture One for that reason, but then saw the price tag. Several years of Adobe CC Photography subscription for a perpetual license, or something over double the Adobe subscription paying monthly, and no Photoshop.
It certainly has a "professional" price tag but it helps to get a license when there is a sale, such as the recent "30% off". IIRC, there was even a "50% off" a while ago but that may have only applied for upgrades.

It also helps to not participate in every upgrade cycle.
I'm still using Photoshop CS6 and can't say I'm being held back in any way.
12-04-2019, 04:37 AM   #19
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by wanderer2 Quote
Lightroom Features
You could always just use both LR and PS in tandem and then you IMHO got every eventuality covered.