Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-23-2020, 06:19 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Lr5.7

QuoteOriginally posted by k5astro Quote
You may be able to find an installer . I found it on Techspot but I can't vouch for the site. It may be risky. Maybe someone has an installer saved that they can provide you. I dont have it now but I am using it. I think I installed it in 2017 which looks like the last available date.
Thank You for DropBox "gift"
installed and working!
unable to send PM to you

cheers
jack

---------- Post added 02-24-20 at 09:37 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Darktable is a very competent replacement for the image development part of Lightroom... It's missing a few things, but even more capable in other areas. Having previously used Lightroom 6 as my main raw development tool, I like darktable a lot (I run it on Linux Mint 18.3 and Windows 10). RawTherapee is an excellent alternative. I'm not so keen on the user interface, but it's fine once you get used to it.

For library management, try digiKam. It's powerful, and whilst not as slick as Lightroom (especially the UI), it does the job equally well.

If you want Photoshop-style functionality, use GIMP. On your hardware, I'd probably suggest using 2.8 rather than 2.10 for performance reasons (I believe the last stable version was 2.8.22).

All of these tools are available for Mac OS, they're free and open-source...
thank you, will look at all of them.
Do not like GIMP, had to uninstall Photoshop CS5 from my 15" as not longer compatible with Catalina 10.15.3
cheers
jack

02-24-2020, 04:58 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
Thank You for DropBox "gift"
installed and working!
unable to send PM to you

cheers
jack
Excellent! I figured I better get it too!