Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2008, 03:45 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
best UK online print company ?

well I had happy enough with Photobox but I can no longer email in my pics. Also Photobox used to put the print name and when it was taken on the back, this has also stopped - but was nice to have

I mostly use my work PC to download high data volume (typically 100+ Jpegs a month) but I have no admin rights to my PC here so local software, like Photobox, is a no no

Accept I will have to download from home now but are there any real good quality printing options in UK I should know about ?

Being able to do some 36" x 12" panos and colour accurate B&W (is that an oxymoron?) for a sensible price would be icing on the cake really

10-27-2008, 11:41 AM   #2

Are you aware that you can use FTP to upload to Photobox?

For regular size prints Snapfish has a very good reputation. How 'locked down' are you at work? Can you install their ActiveX plug-in?

Colab are a professional/enthusiast printer One Vision Imaging - Incorporating Colab and Multiprint Imaging who might do your more ambitious prints.
10-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #3

Original Poster
how locked down ? not sure, certainly no proper software installs but Google Earth does work

FTP ? yeah had a look at that but couldnt figure out how to do it, and it seemed to need a download/install

Gosh, I remeber Colab from my 80's film days - didnt know they were still going, will have a look
10-31-2008, 05:33 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by LittleSkink Quote
FTP ? yeah had a look at that but couldnt figure out how to do it, and it seemed to need a download/install
In Windows Explorer in the address box enter ftp://ftp.photobox.com/ a message box will pop up asking for userid and password.

Your albums will then be visible, just drag & drop or copy.

PS. You can also ftp the 'hard way' from a cmd window!!

Last edited by adagio; 10-31-2008 at 05:34 AM. Reason: PS added
10-31-2008, 06:35 AM   #5

Original Poster
crikey ! doh !!

ok, did the ftp thing in Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer So it was possibly user incompetence all along

my word that was fast too ! 114 images in but moments

Still not sure who the other good uk online printers are - not enough UK readers in here maybe ? Guess I might have to go the the other pentax site and have a look . . .
10-31-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
Veteran Member

here are a few:

point101

acrylic-pictures

atcanvas

Personally I printed a photo at atcanvas. The dimensions I used were 60x90cm on canvas. The result was quite impressive. In fact I could not believe it could come out that good... But I cannot recommend anything yet. I need to make another two more prints before I make any suggestions...