Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-04-2020, 03:46 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Capture One Pro 20.0.3 supports Pentax D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW

The latest update to Capture One Pro 20 now supports a lens profile for the Pentax D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW.

The release notes list all new cameras and lenses that received support plus a number of bug fixes.

03-05-2020, 04:25 AM   #2
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
These are all profiles for Pentax lenses ... the best and most modern lenses are missing!
Pentax should give them more support. Thats what Capture One Support told me. Same thing with tethering.

It would be a good idea to give them more support, because they made a very good piece of software!

PENTAX SMC-DA 18-50mm f4-5.6 DC WR RE
PENTAX SMC-DA 18-55mm f3,5-5.6 AL WR
PENTAX D FA 150-450mm f4.5-5.6 ED DC AW
PENTAX SMC-DA 15mm f4 AL Limited
PENTAX SMC-DA 21mm f3.2 AL Limited
PENTAX SMC-FA 31mm f1.8 AL Limited (APS-C)
PENTAX SMC-FA 31mm f1.8 AL Limited
PENTAX SMC-FA 35mm f2 AL
PENTAX SMC-FA 43mm f1.9 Al Limited
PENTAX SMC-FA 50mm f1.4
PENTAX SMC-DA 70mm f2.4 Limited
PENTAX D FA 100mm f2.8 WR
03-05-2020, 04:33 PM   #3
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pid Quote
These are all profiles for Pentax lenses ... the best and most modern lenses are missing!
Pentax should give them more support. Thats what Capture One Support told me. Same thing with tethering.

It would be a good idea to give them more support, because they made a very good piece of software!

-snip -
Since Capture One has sort of split from Phase One in some ways (becoming more independent and becoming more of a software subsidiary) maybe they will be more willing to work with Ricoh/Pentax. However, to expect Ricoh/Pentax to reach out to work with Capture One is perhaps a pipe dream given the Ricoh/Pentax lack of "outreach these days.

PS: Yes I am running CO v20.0.3 on my desktop.
03-06-2020, 03:05 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pid Quote
Same thing with tethering.
Last time I spoke to Phase One about this -- back when Phase One and Capture One shared the same great support system -- I was told that Phase One would not accept any third-party software, not even any from Pentax. In other words, if they were to offer tethering for Pentax, they would have to implement it themselves. The somewhat defensible argument was that this would be the only way to ensure they quality/reliability they are after.

In summary, when it comes to supporting tethering or PixelShift, etc., there is very little Ricoh could do to encourage Capture One support. The most they could do would be to offer documentation.

03-09-2020, 08:33 PM   #5
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Last time I spoke to Phase One about this -- back when Phase One and Capture One shared the same great support system -- I was told that Phase One would not accept any third-party software, not even any from Pentax. In other words, if they were to offer tethering for Pentax, they would have to implement it themselves. The somewhat defensible argument was that this would be the only way to ensure they quality/reliability they are after.

In summary, when it comes to supporting tethering or PixelShift, etc., there is very little Ricoh could do to encourage Capture One support. The most they could do would be to offer documentation.
As far as we know, Ricoh has not talked with Phase One about anything, including providing documentation on metadata as Capture One does not support Pentax metadata to the degree they do on other systems.

Sony, Olympus and Pentax/Ricoh all support Pixel shift. I would imagine that Olympus and Sony (mostly Sony) have talked to Capture One. I don't think that Ricoh really talks to anyone these days. Has Ricoh even offered their SDK to Capture One? Or are they relying on Capture One to do all the work - I doubt that Capture One would do anything with Ricoh given real lack of support for Ricoh products.
03-10-2020, 08:03 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
I would imagine that Olympus and Sony (mostly Sony) have talked to Capture One.
Perhaps they talked to Phase One but be that as it may, they did not receive PixelShift support in Capture One either.

Last edited by Class A; 03-11-2020 at 06:02 AM.
03-11-2020, 01:12 AM   #7
PDL
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Perhaps they talked to Phase One but be that is it may, they did not receive PixelShift support in Capture One either.
Sony or Fuji will be the first as they have the inside track with their agreements with Capture One. Remember, Capture One is now a separated branch of Phase One.