Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Bye Bye HP, hello Epson!

Today has been a good day to me so far, through a series of unfortunate events I was able to get the new Epson Artisan 800 for $150 which is about 1/2 the normal price. My HP printer died on my ealier this year (previous post) and my one time $800 HP8250 scanner can now be had for $80 on geeks.com. With that being said, it was time to upgrade.

Swarn off of HP and Lexmark now, and still refusing to own anything Canon, Epson was left to fit the bill, and since I am planning on gettin the Epson R1900 or R2880 some time next year, I had to decide on a good multi-function machine. I was going to get a lower grade Epson to fit the bill, but for $30 I was able to get their 6 ink flagship.

I just set it up and havent had a change to print any photos with it yet, but I will tomorrow and let you know how it turns out. I will compare it to what Wolf/Ritz camera can do and let you know.

10-28-2008, 05:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wolf Camera has been fired...
11-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Wolf Camera has been fired...
I here you on that. I got ticked at HP when my scanner would work on Vista Ultimate and had to get VueScan to run it because HP decided though would do in drivers for some of their older stuff. I got an Epson V500.
11-25-2008, 07:47 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hear ya Buddha, I have a love/hate relationship with my HP Photosmart 8250 printer. When it's on it can come up with a great print but to often it will print something and I'll go where the heck did that come from. As far as printing with different papers except HP Premium plus, I gave up. When I go for a different printer I seriously doubt it will be another HP.

11-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am with you on this one. Have had Canon for some time. Experienced some problems of late, so went out and bought an Epson 1410.
I tell you, it rocks. The quality of prints is just superlative, compared with what I have been getting.
Computer savvy chap told me some time ago. Epson stands alone.