Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2020, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Loupedeck CT Custom Profile Creator Released

Finally Loupedeck released the Custom Profile Creator for their Loupedeck CT console.

This software allows one to map the shortcuts of a software, such as Capture One Pro to buttons, knobs and dials on the Loupedeck CT. Unlike a full integration using an API, this requires the software (here "Capture One Pro") to make everything one wants to control with the Loupedeck CT available through keyboard shortcuts. However, I expect performance to be very good.

03-28-2020, 05:11 AM   #2
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
sounds interesting. It is much more compact than the Loupdeck+. But is it as intuitive?
03-28-2020, 06:25 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I agree that the relatively small form factor is a big plus.

I think most of the controls will be intuitive to use as they are dynamically labelled. In any event, I think ergonomic efficiency for a proficient user is more important than intuitivness for beginners.
03-29-2020, 03:50 AM   #4
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
... and what do you think? Is it not only compact and intuitive, is it more ore equal ergonomic efficient as the Loupedeck+

04-01-2020, 05:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pid Quote
... is it more ore equal ergonomic efficient as the Loupedeck+
AFAIC, there is no doubt that it has better ergonomic properties.

Being smaller, one can have it next to one's normal keyboard -- which one still needs for entering text, for instance -- without large arm movements becoming necessary.
All of the buttons and dials are reachable by one hand -- the other will typically be occupied with the mouse or a tablet pen -- without too much hand movement. On these larger devices, you have to move the whole arm to reach all elements.
The centre dial is highly configurable, including a touch-sensitive centre portion that can adapt to whatever one wants to achieve at a given moment.

Many banks are available for the customisable buttons, so with a few button presses one can access a ton of functionality, in contrast to the limited, fixed functionality on a Loupedeck+, for instance.

If I could get a unit locally right now, I would.