Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Pse 7

Hello everybody. I want to ask your feedback about new version PSE-7 .
I bought last week for my son and try to use with my XP win computer with big ? computer start work extremely slowly and crash and crash every time when i try open software . Any of you have same problem
Plus worse after when i remove this program i have more problem with my original PSP-X2 Any good advice. Thank you

10-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Does it meet the min system requirements

Adobe Photoshop Elements 7

* 2GHz or faster processor **important**
* Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 or 3 or Windows Vista®
* 1GB of RAM **important**
* 1.5GB of available hard-disk space
* Color monitor with 16-bit color video card **helps a lot**
* 1,024x768 monitor resolution at 96dpi or less
* Microsoft DirectX 9 compatible display driver
* CD-ROM drive
* Web features require Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or 7 or Mozilla Firefox 1.5 through 3.x
10-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
I bought last week for my son and try to use with my XP win computer with big ? computer start work extremely slowly and crash and crash every time when i try open software . Any of you have same problem
Plus worse after when i remove this program i have more problem with my original PSP-X2 Any good advice. Thank you
If you're still having problems, try system restore. That usually helps squash bad installations for me in XP.
10-29-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

More ram!!!!!!!!
Seriously. I don't think the minimum requirements will give you enough ram to do more than launch the program, especially if you have a bunch of other stuff going on in the background (Norton is a terrible resource hog, for example).
And you might have to do a system restore, to remove the headache permanently.

10-29-2008, 07:13 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I have 2G ram 500G. HD I did restore .
Its not help too much
I just try today reinstall PSP X-2 .Fist time open no problem ,but after close programm cant open again
10-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

I have 2G ram 500G. HD I did restore .
Its not help too much
I just try today reinstall PSP X-2 .Fist time open no problem ,but after close programm cant open again
When you uninstalled PSE7, did you make sure all the files were deleted? There are often files that stay around after an uninstall. If you had any pop ups asking if you really really wanted to delete a file during an uninstall and said no, then you might not have a complete uninstall.

Try completely uninstalling PSP, then reinstall PSE7 and do a complete uninstall on it as well.
When the computer asks if you want to remove unneeded files, just say yes.

Then reinstall the software of your choice.
If that doesn't do it, I'm out of ideas, and I would just take it to a shop and have it straightened out.
10-29-2008, 10:28 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank s
This is was exactly a s you said
First time i cant delete PSE i put disk back install and finally delete
I not sure may be i delete some extra file .
after when i reinstall PSP x@ 2 i have problem
This is i why ask advice i just out from any idea.