Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Calendars

Are there any good photoprocessing places (like the Kodak site) that will allow you to upload pictures for making calendars and than modifying the calendar to have holidays included and add features like having every other week a different background color? The Kodak site only allows you to upload pictures and select an overall background picture.

I want to make about 15 calendars for presents etc.

10-30-2008, 04:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've just started looking into the same thing. If you have a local Costco, they have a pretty good layout with multiple photos on a page and holidays noted.

Costco Photo Center - Account
10-30-2008, 04:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I make my own and it is sought-after Xmas present. It IS a lot of work though. So much so, I'm not making one this year. I include EVERYONE's birth dates, deaths, marriages, and pictures, etc.

Imagine having to move days every year so, if you do find one, please share the link. Good luck in your own search.
10-30-2008, 05:17 AM   #4

You may want to look into Mpix. You can download their software for cards/calendars for free and create the product(s) by following the step-by-step directions. I haven't created a calendar yet, but I believe they include holidays, etc. I saw a completed calendar at the Mpix stand at the Photo Plus Expo and it showed the holidays, etc.

10-30-2008, 06:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FuzzyOne Quote
I've just started looking into the same thing. If you have a local Costco, they have a pretty good layout with multiple photos on a page and holidays noted.

Costco Photo Center - Account
Second the vote on the Costco dealio.
My wife did this for her family for 2008 and made several calenders so members could all have one.
You can drag and drop specific images to dates that correspond to birthdays and holidays so you can put your picture on the date of your birthday or a picture of Jesus on December 25.
You upload the images through the Costco website and manipulate the images how you wish and the order goes to your closest store if you want to drive and pick it up or they can mail it.
My wife does not do this sort of thing very often at all and I think in a few hours she was done. Start collecting several images for the calender now.
My sister in law is responsible for the 2009 calender production this year and has already requested family photos for her options. I doubt she will even come close to the calenders my wife created for 2008 but it should be fun.
10-31-2008, 03:15 AM   #6
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
sorry for off topic but:
Nowhere Matt - really good music taste