Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2008, 06:57 AM   #16
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Well after a week of playing with it I have to say I'm digging it more and more. I actually use Lightroom in conjunction with it more than I use Bridge/Camera Raw (yes I bought Lightroom too after using a trial, I only get to buy software about once in every eight years so I thought I may as well go all out). So any further work on the photo beyond just the basic adjustments I go to edit in: then choose photoshop. I like the way, in Lightroom, I can move smoothly between many images without lots of clicking and opening and closing. It suits my schizophrenic work style.

I'm anxiously awaiting all the publishers to get their books for CS4 put out on the market so I can really learn what I'm doing but I'm slowly getting there. It's a LOT of fun. Bummer life and my pesky job keep getting in the way.

As for my computer, I recently bought a new one (hence the software buying) and I've got 6gb of RAM. I don't have the Master Suite, just Design Premium (which is still a LOT of programs) and I have noticed a wee bit of a slow down on booting.

11-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #17
graphicgr8s

Mel, glad your having fun. You've got a bunch of fun programs there. (Unless you use it everyday like I do, then it's just work)

You should take a look at this guy's work. Bert Monroy. He's something else. Especially look at "Damen"

George

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 11-06-2008 at 09:48 PM.