Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
CS4

My copy of CS4 Design Premium is at home waiting for me while I sit here at work slowly dying a small death of anticipation. Anyone else have this yet? Am I in for a treat?

I see many sleepless nights in my immediate future playing.

10-30-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
My copy of CS4 Design Premium is at home waiting for me while I sit here at work slowly dying a small death of anticipation. Anyone else have this yet? Am I in for a treat?

I see many sleepless nights in my immediate future playing.
You're on you're on there Mel (I can't help anyway) but congratulations anyway.
As far as sleepless nights, that must be the norm with a handful of offspring I would have thought.
10-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #3

CS 4 Suite

I was fortunate enough to be involved in the beta testing process for the CS 4 Web Premium Suite. Having been a long time user of the previous Adobe Suites and the older Macromedia programs I welcomed the changes introduced to the programs and some of the added features.

You'll like it! Just in time for the weekend. Where I live it's forecast for rain for the next few days and I'm off. Play time with the K20D and PS CS 4.

Enjoy...

C.
10-31-2008, 04:45 AM   #4
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
You're on you're on there Mel (I can't help anyway) but congratulations anyway.
As far as sleepless nights, that must be the norm with a handful of offspring I would have thought.
Thanks Gary. I sleep fairly well at night since these kids are older now. Of course the 18 year old causes some sleeplessness when he's out with the car.

QuoteOriginally posted by cdeakin Quote
I was fortunate enough to be involved in the beta testing process for the CS 4 Web Premium Suite. Having been a long time user of the previous Adobe Suites and the older Macromedia programs I welcomed the changes introduced to the programs and some of the added features.

You'll like it! Just in time for the weekend. Where I live it's forecast for rain for the next few days and I'm off. Play time with the K20D and PS CS 4.

Enjoy...

C.
Thank you. I have it all loaded and installed and stuff now and I have just started playing with Bridge and Camera Raw. I wish I had some decent images that I haven't already gone through in Lightroom or something else to work with. I don't like re-working stuff I've already worked with. It makes me feel like I have to redo EVERYTHING. I guess I'll have to go out and do some shooting first.

I haven't used a full version of Photoshop before, having used the Corel suite of programs. But since I seem to have to go 8 years or so between major software purchases I figured why not go for the best and most recent. I'm really looking forward to the possibilites of InDesign. It reminds of Quark, which I used when I was doing layout for a newspaper (years ago).

There is a LOT here. This will be fun.

10-31-2008, 04:59 AM   #5
Banned

I don't even use CS3 to its full potential, much less CS4. I have no need for it and wont be upgrading anytime in the foreseeable future. congrats on getting it though!
10-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #6
graphicgr8s

Thanks Gary. I sleep fairly well at night since these kids are older now. Of course the 18 year old causes some sleeplessness when he's out with the car.

Thank you. I have it all loaded and installed and stuff now and I have just started playing with Bridge and Camera Raw. I wish I had some decent images that I haven't already gone through in Lightroom or something else to work with. I don't like re-working stuff I've already worked with. It makes me feel like I have to redo EVERYTHING. I guess I'll have to go out and do some shooting first.

I haven't used a full version of Photoshop before, having used the Corel suite of programs. But since I seem to have to go 8 years or so between major software purchases I figured why not go for the best and most recent. I'm really looking forward to the possibilites of InDesign. It reminds of Quark, which I used when I was doing layout for a newspaper (years ago).

There is a LOT here. This will be fun.
There's a lot there and a lot to learn but that's the fun of it. I use the Master Collection for work and also use it at home. You'll love InDesign. It's a quark Killer for sure. I've used it since version 1 and beta tested every version so far.
Are you a member of NAPP? National Association of Photoshop Professionals? It's the best investment you'll make if your not. Heres the link
http://www.photoshopuser.com/register.html&code=friend
11-01-2008, 05:46 AM   #7
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the link. I'm hardly professional but it could be useful for learning purposes, and I'd like to get there eventually.

It's going to be nice to dive back in to all this again. I first started doing DTP way back in the 80s on a Mac without a hard drive and a little program called ReadySetGo version ONE.

Layout and design software has progressed by leaps and bounds. It's a lot of fun to see.

11-01-2008, 08:08 AM   #8

Is CS4 already released ?

Last time I checked they had the option "Notify Me" where I added my email but I didn't get a mail announcing it's release yet (this was for Dreamweaver CS4 and Photoshop CS4 not the entire suits so maybe those are already released and Photoshop CS4 alone not ?).
11-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #9
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cloudy Wizzard Quote
Is CS4 already released ?

Last time I checked they had the option "Notify Me" where I added my email but I didn't get a mail announcing it's release yet (this was for Dreamweaver CS4 and Photoshop CS4 not the entire suits so maybe those are already released and Photoshop CS4 alone not ?).
Yep it's released. I was surprised. Last I had heard it was planned for November sometime early. Then about a week or so ago I went to the Adobe site and it said now available on the little CS4 icon. I didn't stop to look at the individual componants as I wanted the suite.

So woohoo! Go check and see if you can get what you want.
11-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #10

Yep it's released. I was surprised. Last I had heard it was planned for November sometime early. Then about a week or so ago I went to the Adobe site and it said now available on the little CS4 icon. I didn't stop to look at the individual componants as I wanted the suite.

So woohoo! Go check and see if you can get what you want.
Well I have to wait till the 10th since for some reason my CreditCard company is in the habit of denying larger payments between the closure date of the previous mith and the moment the money goes from my bank account (the 10 unless it's during the weekend) I guess it's a security feature or something ? smaller payments are mostly not a problem.

Also I noticed that the English versions are available so maybe they will hold the announcement until the Dutch version is released (since I'm in Belgium and am forwarded to the Belgian store). So I guess the English version could be bought If I wanted to (still doubting if I will upgrade my PS CS3 and Dreamweaver CS3 to the new CS4 editions.

Do they work on XP ? since I wanted to try the beta's but Photoshop CS4 needed Vista Premium (didn't work on XP IIRC and also not on Vista Home Basic).
11-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #11
mel
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well I have to wait till the 10th since for some reason my CreditCard company is in the habit of denying larger payments between the closure date of the previous mith and the moment the money goes from my bank account (the 10 unless it's during the weekend) I guess it's a security feature or something ? smaller payments are mostly not a problem.

Also I noticed that the English versions are available so maybe they will hold the announcement until the Dutch version is released (since I'm in Belgium and am forwarded to the Belgian store). So I guess the English version could be bought If I wanted to (still doubting if I will upgrade my PS CS3 and Dreamweaver CS3 to the new CS4 editions.

Do they work on XP ? since I wanted to try the beta's but Photoshop CS4 needed Vista Premium (didn't work on XP IIRC and also not on Vista Home Basic).
I have no idea. I have Vista Home Premium with service pack 1. I recently bought a new computer, timed closely with the anticipated release of CS4. My computer was old old old and my software was downright ancient. This is the first CS for me. I wanted to get it right away to get the most mileage out of it that I could.
11-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #12
Veteran Member

PS CS4 works on XP w/o any issues, for me at least
11-02-2008, 04:47 AM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
PS CS4 works on XP w/o any issues, for me at least
Tnx !

I think I only tried the beta's on Vista Home Basic and they didn't work on that (claimed it needed Vista Premium)
11-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #14
graphicgr8s

Thanks for the link. I'm hardly professional but it could be useful for learning purposes, and I'd like to get there eventually.

It's going to be nice to dive back in to all this again. I first started doing DTP way back in the 80s on a Mac without a hard drive and a little program called ReadySetGo version ONE.

Layout and design software has progressed by leaps and bounds. It's a lot of fun to see.
NAPP is not just for professionals. I go to the seminar when they are in Tampa and I meet people who are very good with it and those who haven't even loadded it up yet. The tutorials on the website are great for ideas and tips and tricks. When I renew my membership at the seminars they always have promotions to get free books/dvds, etc. There is so much hidden in PS that I have always felt it was worth it. If it wasn't, I wouldn't belong. The instructors and contributors are among the best in the business so you can learn alot.
As a side note: Scott Kelby's 2 books on digital photography are very good. So good in fact I bought both of them for my nephew. (I already had them)
11-05-2008, 03:50 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I find CS4 Master suit has been very long in coming. The new apps and program bundle is so great. there is however only one draw back I have found and that is the way Bridge works into the photoshop program. In Cs3 it was only a mouse click to have your chosen photo to open in photoshop from bridge. Now I'm finding if I have opened any photos in other programs (Picasa or any photos sent over e-mail)with a mouse click they open in those programs opened originally. I know I have to highlight the photo and then chose open in camera RAW, for any of those photos. (which isn't all that bad ) But It just takes an old man a little while to learn the difference. It (CS4 ) is a very big memory Hog and before the install took place I was given a message I needed to upgrade memory to 2gb. I couldn't understand why this would come up since I have 4gb of memory driving this machine. Vista Ultimate still only uses 3gb of memory at any one time and all other programs do just fine. So I have installed the entire suite (with no problems) and Master suite runs just fine on the 3GB memory installed. So much for small glitches.
It's one hell of a program but the Price is still out of this world.