Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Inactive Account

RAW files? PEF versus DNG?

I have a apple computer with only iphoto

if I get aperture should I save RAW files as PEF or DNG (adobe)? does it matter?

thanks

11-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
Forum Member

I too only have iphoto and I had my raw files as adobe's format but it (the program) did not what I thought it would do/according to the help. Basically it would download the raw file, but when I would do edits to the file and click 'done' it did not automatically (at least I thought that what its suppose to do) save it as a jpeg. So it looked like my raw files were edited. Someone mentioned that if I had done the raw files as PEF then iphoto would have acted like it says it will. I honestly haven't gone back to try... so hopefully you can and let us know!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
files, pef, photography, photoshop