Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-27-2020, 02:47 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I use Affinity Photo as a raster editor in lieu of Adobe Photoshop. For that purpose, it works nicely. I would add that most Photoshop conventions, plugins, and tutorials work nicely in Affinity Photo. I don't use its RAW processor (sucks)
This is exactly how I use it also.

05-27-2020, 02:56 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A couple of weeks ago you could get luminar 3 for free. That's worth a look
05-27-2020, 06:43 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use Affinity Photo. It only keeps getting better and better. It is easier to use than the Adobe products and is not reaching in you pocket all the time. For most work its more than adequate and handles HDR and Focus stacking. With the latest update being able to use Photoshop plugin makes it even better.
05-30-2020, 05:43 PM   #19
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've been using it for years exclusively both for personal and work. Currently they have a daily live series on youtube where you can see how Photographers and Designers use the apps. You can ask them questions in those live comments. Affinity - YouTube

One great thing about the suite is that you can switch between the apps without leaving the document. Meaning when you have a photo placed in a document in Designer or Publisher you are working on, then you can edit that photo in place with Photo without having to launch Photo separately and switch back and forth. It just changes the UI in your current document. Amazing.