Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2020, 10:07 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Capture One Pro - Mastin Labs: Adventure Everyday Presets - Experiences?

Recently I realized that Capture One advertises presets of Mastin Labs (also available for Adobe Lightroom & Adobe Camera Raw).

The Set Adventure Everyday contains emulations of Kodak Ektar 100, Gold 200, Tri-X 400.

If these are good emulations I may buy this set. So I'd like to ask if anyone bought it and uses it with Capture One Pro. If so, what are your experiences? - Thanks for your replies!

Regards, acoufap

06-19-2020, 12:02 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Regular Capture One presets cannot properly emulate film emulsions. Such presets only have access to the same tools that you can use within Capture One, e.g., RGB curve adjustments.

If they included dedicated camera profiles, it would be a different matter, but since they are just selling regular presets, I suggest to save your money and create the looks yourself.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adobe, adventure, labs, photography, photoshop, presets