Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2020, 07:17 PM   #1

Accidental Double Exposure

Is there anyway to fix an image that was double exposed? I just shot a wedding with my K1 II and the entire ceremony came out double exposed. I didn't even know my camera would do that!
Is there any way to salvage the images?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
08-08-2020, 08:53 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Simple answer - No. Unless the camera saved individual images that make up the double exposure.

Regards

Chris
08-09-2020, 01:46 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Smile when you say "look how many flowers!! " ?
08-09-2020, 02:39 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know this doesn't help, but I have twice accidentally found myself with a couple (fortunately not a whole wedding full!) of double exposures. This was when my KP was still very very knew to me. A hunt through manuals and menus found the setting I had accidentally triggered.
So don't feel too "dumb" about what you have done. Take it as a lesson to always check each shot with the LCD screen. That saved me from taking a whole session of double exposure shots.

08-09-2020, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah - it's a bummer - I've done it a couple of times - the advice I got from these forums is to lock the back input buttons via the lock button on the ;eft of the mount - a slight nuissance when you want to change things quickly, but prevents a lot of fat-fingered (or -thumbed) problems.
08-09-2020, 03:42 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh my gawd...a true disaster here.

I have done this as well. Sometimes it is humorous like a "two headed" squirrel I once accidentally photographed with a K-50. I doubt your friend/client is amused, however.

I know of no way to unmerge files merged before storage as happens when you set this up wrong.

Very sorry for you, but about all you can do is apologize abjectly (whether paid or for a friend), return any fees paid to you (if a paid gig) and try to recover your friendship/business rep.

I did a wedding shoot for my daughter's best friend once, but I warned her friend in advance to make sure others were around taking pics as wedding photography is fraught if not perfect, that I was no professional, and I only had one camera at the time. Even then I was scared to death until I saw the results which were OK for an amateur.

Last edited by jgnfld; 08-09-2020 at 03:49 AM.