Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Days Ago - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Just ordered Loupdeck controller

Well folks I just upgraded my machine to Windows 10 from 8 and installed latest version of Lr, now I just ordered the new Loupdeck Plus, - Loupedeck+ | Products | Loupedeck Online Store
Ill be receiving it tomorrow, everything I researched on this thing is awesome, makes your work flow way faster in Lr, fully customizable too

2 Days Ago   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'd never heard of it before. It does look really useful, and has to be much easier on the RSI...

You should do a product review on this site!
2 Days Ago   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nosliwmit Quote
I'd never heard of it before. It does look really useful, and has to be much easier on the RSI...

You should do a product review on this site!
I probably will, on the Loupdeck site there are reviews that also have videos on the device, I found them very helpful, I watched several videos and did some research to find out my lightroom was outdated, so when I tried to upgrade it, I was told to upgrade my operating system to Windows 10, my version was 8, my version of Lr was 6.4, and Loupdeck only works on Lr7.4 or newer.nbut needless to say, both of my upgrades went smoothly without a hitch, im actually liking the improvements of the new lightroom classic
1 Day Ago   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've considered ordering one but I've never chatted with anyone that uses one. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how it helped/didn't help you. Desk space is always an issue and my intuos Pro tablet and I've not really put it to great use.

Very cool to hear your new toy is on its way!!!

Regards,
Rodney

23 Hours Ago   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lazarustx Quote
I've considered ordering one but I've never chatted with anyone that uses one. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how it helped/didn't help you. Desk space is always an issue and my intuos Pro tablet and I've not really put it to great use.
I bought one a while ago, partly because of intrigue, partly as a feel better reward, etc.
The educational progression first took me to ;learning the deeper functionality of PhotoShop and ACR. This led to getting a pen tablet to give better control and offset my lack of hand screen coordination. After a while, found using the pen and the traditional key board (alt, this, bracket that,etc.) was cumbersome and difficult to to get the adjustment accuracy sometimes. When I saw the LoupeDeck+ felt my prayers had been answered. To that end, the radio knob style of control give precise movement to the P/S controls far better than the push you'd ordinarily get with the mouse or pen. Also, LoupeDeck does a great job of improving and offering software updates free of charge. If I had to mention a downside, it is like a typewriter, can do a lot of fancy things at great speed but you're limited until you memorize the various key positions required to be proficient. This is my limitation with LoupeDeck as I don't edit images constantly and find that sometimes I spend perhaps excessive time trying to reference the various knob functions and sometimes, it's just too easy to go "old school" for a one off. For me, I don't regret getting it and have more or less decided becoming proficient with this device will likely need to wait until I have time and need to occupy myself. The LoupeDeck connects with a USB and it's easy to store and install as needed to avoid the excessive desk clutter. Al