Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 60 Likes Search this Thread
11-09-2020, 05:14 PM   #91
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by le0n Quote
The thing is that dxo3 oversaturated my images when i exported them as jpg, which does not happen with other raw processing software, like rawtherapee which i currently use.
The only time I ever experienced anything like this in 6 years of using DxO software was when I changed the colour profile in the export ("ICC Profile") from sRGB to AdobeRGB. Have you checked this setting?

11-09-2020, 05:17 PM   #92
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
I'm curious, what would you want that Snapseed doesn't offer? I don't use it much (I prefer Photoshop Express for RAW developing on mobile), but this one covers most everything else.

Photo Editor - Apps on Google Play
Hmm, what do I want that they don't offer? I mean, nothing... I don't do critical NR on a mobile device, that's for my desktop software, but with the KP, NR usually isn't needed, so Snapseed offers great contrast/curves adjustment, detail enhancement and grain. Haven't tried to fine-tune colors yet, we'll see how that goes.
11-09-2020, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
The only time I ever experienced anything like this in 6 years of using DxO software was when I changed the colour profile in the export ("ICC Profile") from sRGB to AdobeRGB. Have you checked this setting?

Great thought.!

Hang up and DRIVE!
11-11-2020, 10:40 PM   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought the whole Topaz lineup a year ago. I love the simplicity of Studio 2 -yet will do anything I've needed. I use Denoise, Adjust, and Sharpen regularly.

11-12-2020, 10:12 AM   #95
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I still had the Google Nik Collection here that I haven't used in years... tried to use it as a plugin within Paintshop Pro but that didn't work too well. It hangs...

So back to RawTherapee I guess - no complains there, for the most part, I just wish it had some extra features but I guess I can always finish in PSP when I do need those features.
11-13-2020, 02:42 PM   #96
Loyal Site Supporter

I am one of those stuck on Lightroom Ver 6, and I team it up with the Topaz lineup for my processing. I also use PaintShop Pro for when the time comes to do a major restoration to an older photo.
11-13-2020, 03:44 PM - 3 Likes   #97
Pentaxian

Too bad you didn't run this as a poll. I would have been interested in the results.

11-13-2020, 05:40 PM   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Too bad you didn't run this as a poll. I would have been interested in the results.

Totally agree. This has been an interesting read for me.

Hang up and DRIVE!
11-13-2020, 07:23 PM   #99
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Absolutely. Great thought.
11-13-2020, 07:44 PM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AlexanderS Quote
Also started with darktable, seems fine, but after the easyness of Lightroom, still having some struggles (mainly, because sometimes some tools have a weird initial logic). Any experience using pixel shift files in it?
I don't think darktable supports pixel shift.
11-14-2020, 05:20 PM   #101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by automorphism Quote
I don't think darktable supports pixel shift.
That's not really a problem, just use dcrawps to export the pixel shift as a tiff then do post processing in darktable or whatever other software you like.

Cheers,
Terry
11-14-2020, 07:52 PM   #102
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Rawtherapee and Photoscape for when some cloning is necessary to clean up or remove elements. I appreciate that both are free.
11-15-2020, 06:22 AM   #103
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Luminar 4 for me...
11-16-2020, 02:56 AM   #104
Veteran Member

I really don't have too much need for too many of the fancy things that these tools offer, so I won't invest in one that costs me a subscription. There are a few good free apps around, I've been using GIMP for quite a while and then when I started shooting RAW I started using RAW Therapee.

I've also got Darktable which I can use with GIMP for processing RAW, but I need to practice with it more.
11-17-2020, 05:28 PM   #105
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Currently, I primarily use DxO PhotoLab (have ver 4 now) with Affinity Photo and an old (Google Free Version) of NiK tools. However, in the past few years 99.9% I'm on DxO with occasional use of SilverEfex (out of Nik). DxO gets me to a finished product I'm happy with quicker than anything I've ever used (I rarely spend more than 20-seconds on an image). I mostly prefer it for its lens profiles; I rarely have to make any edits for lens corrections. Admittedly, I've not tried anything else in about 5 years for processing my RAW files.

I used to use Lightroom for processing my raw files, and it had its advantages. But, I never used it for its DAM features, and processing was not as quick as I'd like (despite it being arguably more user friendly). I think if I ever have to change from DxO, I'll probably reevaluate DarkTable and RawTherapee as both have come along nicely since I last looked, feature-wise. I don't look too hard though because I had found that last time I switched over that I could mostly get the same results from any software; it was the GUI and process I was paying for.