Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 50 Likes Search this Thread
05-03-2021, 03:40 PM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm really hoping the K3 III gets support with the next update.

05-03-2021, 05:52 PM   #62
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kendra59 Quote
Do you have any recommendations for an appropriate video card for photography work?
Please see my post #58, the one before yours. I purchased an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER. The rest of my system, motherboard and CPU (an i5), are 9 years old. I have had no overheating problems with DeepPrime NR in PhotoLab 4 since then; it runs reasonably fast on my old system. The solution was the new video card. Of course, I also had to replace my power supply. The two together cost me about $530 CAD.
05-04-2021, 02:22 AM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UlrichSchiegg Quote
DXO needs for a new camera or a new lens a new module for the software (measurements based), to make full advantage of the software. DXO does that based on user requests.

Would you mind, requesting the K-3 III to be added, even if you don't use the software?

The corresponding Link: Suggest Module - DxO

Thank You
Did it. Thanks for the link. I will need this feature in close future I hope.

---------- Post added 05-04-21 at 02:51 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by cpk Quote
Please see my post #58, the one before yours. I purchased an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER. The rest of my system, motherboard and CPU (an i5), are 9 years old. I have had no overheating problems with DeepPrime NR in PhotoLab 4 since then; it runs reasonably fast on my old system. The solution was the new video card. Of course, I also had to replace my power supply. The two together cost me about $530 CAD.
So if I buy a new PC with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER or better I I will be able to use the DeepPrime NR in PhotoLab 4? If that's righ my chances to get one are good enough

Last edited by Yaki; 05-04-2021 at 08:59 AM.
05-04-2021, 08:44 AM - 4 Likes   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I thought I would post this concerning DXO PhotoLab K-3 MkIII camera profiles. Marie, one of the Techs at DXO just informed me that they have a K-3 MkIII in their lab and are evaluating it now. Its a very extensive profiling process so lets keep our collective fingers crossed for a speedy evaluation.

05-04-2021, 08:46 AM - 1 Like   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I'm really hoping the K3 III gets support with the next update.
With a bit of luck they will have profiles soon. See my post #64 from Marie at DXO.
05-04-2021, 09:30 AM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
I thought I would post this concerning DXO PhotoLab K-3 MkIII camera profiles. Marie, one of the Techs at DXO just informed me that they have a K-3 MkIII in their lab and are evaluating it now. Its a very extensive profiling process so lets keep our collective fingers crossed for a speedy evaluation.
Good news. Thanks.
05-04-2021, 11:27 AM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Keep in mind these are minimum. And they really mean it. If you try to use the DeepPrime NR on the minimum specs they posted, you will be waiting minutes for each image rendered. You'll want the recommended cpu and gpu to really use all the features functionally.
Nope, not true. I have an NVIDIA Quadro K2100M 2Gb GPU, Core I7-4810MQ processor with 16 Gb ram CPU and a Dell Precision M4800 board and I get excellent results with DeepPrime as a matter of fact DeepPrime is much faster than using Prime as Prime uses only the CPU to process the image where as when PhotoLab is set up to use both processors the time for DeepPrime is shortened quite a bit. When using just theCPU or GPU its agonizingly slow.

05-04-2021, 12:43 PM   #68

That is great news from Marie, thanks for posting.
05-04-2021, 04:11 PM   #69
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Yaki Quote
So if I buy a new PC with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER or better I I will be able to use the DeepPrime NR in PhotoLab 4? If that's righ my chances to get one are good enough
Or some similar video card. Check DxO's video card requirements; they are quite specific. I think my card goes a bit further than they want or need. I didn't have to change my motherboard or CPU, only the video card, to use DeepPrime NR. I also use Topaz AI apps which also use the video card's ram for processing, but not as heavily as DxO.
05-04-2021, 06:37 PM   #70
mee
Veteran Member

Nope, not true. I have an NVIDIA Quadro K2100M 2Gb GPU, Core I7-4810MQ processor with 16 Gb ram CPU and a Dell Precision M4800 board and I get excellent results with DeepPrime as a matter of fact DeepPrime is much faster than using Prime as Prime uses only the CPU to process the image where as when PhotoLab is set up to use both processors the time for DeepPrime is shortened quite a bit. When using just theCPU or GPU its agonizingly slow.
What I said is true. Your system is mid level and well beyond the minimum requirements. Actually you have a 4th gen i7 which is in the recommended category in parenthesis for the very requirements I quoted from DXO. As is the 16GB of Ram your computer has in it. And you've got twice the video ram than the minimum requirement.

Minimum are far lower than that. I have minimum in my i5 450 and 1GB Radeon video on an old laptop. And it takes many many minutes to render an image in deep prime. So, again, I'll say you don't want minimum requirements but recommended or better (as you have).

Last edited by mee; 05-04-2021 at 06:51 PM.
05-04-2021, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #71
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Yaki Quote
Yes a 1660 Super is plenty fast. I have a 1660 TI (slightly faster) in my desktop and it works well.
05-12-2021, 03:53 PM   #72

that is awesome. DxO is one of my favorite raw converters; now if I can only find budget for a K3-III in the future...
05-13-2021, 01:09 PM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
One thing I've kind of headscratched a little over, with cameras like the GRIII, KP and K1ii & K3iii, will the noise processing accelerator really make DeepPRIME NR very useful? I tried some GRIII high-ISO files through DeepPRIME using the PureRAW trial, and I'm not sure I've gotten any useful results. These sensors/processors kind of remove some of the necessity of the NR in a program like PL4. I tried some of the noisy GRII files that I had and they're a different story, of course. The GRII preserved detail well and had film-like grain, but had LOTS of it.
05-13-2021, 01:37 PM   #74

PL4 and the KP with the accelerator is a great combination. The 2 topic are to be considered separate.
05-13-2021, 03:38 PM - 1 Like   #75
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
One thing I've kind of headscratched a little over, with cameras like the GRIII, KP and K1ii & K3iii, will the noise processing accelerator really make DeepPRIME NR very useful? I tried some GRIII high-ISO files through DeepPRIME using the PureRAW trial, and I'm not sure I've gotten any useful results. These sensors/processors kind of remove some of the necessity of the NR in a program like PL4. I tried some of the noisy GRII files that I had and they're a different story, of course. The GRII preserved detail well and had film-like grain, but had LOTS of it.
Topaz DeNoise AI is darn effective on my K-70's with the accelerator, and in the few times I've used it with K3III files it's equally so. I would presume DeepPRIME will also work well with noisy high-ISO K3III files.