Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2020, 08:39 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Focus Stacking

Is focus stacking software like Helicon necessary when one can use something like Luminar 4?

11-01-2020, 09:41 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If one does not own either, which would be the better tool to go with? That is the real question, and one that might include multiple other tools as options.

Steve

(...Google says frequent question is "can you do focus stacking with Luminar 4?"...)
11-01-2020, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
stevebrot, thanks for your comments and google question. I checked and Luminar 4 does not support focus stacking so I am going to pass and go with something like Helicon.
11-01-2020, 11:08 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bscott Quote
stevebrot, thanks for your comments and google question. I checked and Luminar 4 does not support focus stacking so I am going to pass and go with something like Helicon.
With Affinity Photo you can do basic focus stacking. You could try it with a trial version of Affinity Photo to check if it's sufficient for your use cases. Mabe it will be available with a rebate at Black Friday.

Helicon Focus is a very good software that offers different stacking methods. So for sure more advanced and mature. Another alternative specialized solution is Zerene Stacker.