Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2020, 11:28 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kiwi advice on where to get a printed photo calendar i NZ?

I THINK I remember meeting some forum members from Aotearoa - but I can't remember who it was, so now I am hoping to find you with this post!

My brother and his wife are moving to New Zealand for the next two years. They are leaving next Saturday, and they will be spending their Christmas there (well, obviously).
The past few years I have given them photo calendars for Christmas, and since they kept putting them on their wish list after the first year, I think they like them. I would like to make them one this year as well, but I didn't want to add to the complications of moving everything across the globe.

One the other hand, if I could get a photo calendar printed and delivered for Christmas at their new home, I think they would appreciate it. Google has a few suggestions, but it is really hard to find the best ones by searching the internet.

If one of you happens to live in that part of our planet, I would be really happy to hear your advice!

They will be living in Wellington.

11-08-2020, 12:02 PM - 1 Like   #2

Hi

I live in New Zealand.
I usually get calendars printed at Snapfish. Just use their New Zealand website.
11-08-2020, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Kia ora,
there's this threadKiwi Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com with a few other Kiwis on it.

I tend to use Harvey Norman, as they provide an instore pickup service and are in most major centres Photo Printing, Photo Books, Canvas,Poster Prints Harvey Norman Photos ? HN Photos NZ

They use Fujifilm gear and systems, who also offer their own online ordering directly FUJIFILM Image Service - Photo Prints | Photo Printing | Online Photo ? FUJIFILM Image Service - Online Photo Printing
I've had good results printing a range of different products with them.
Diamond Photo are another big online photo printing outfit that have regular deals and deliver nationwide. I had a bad experience with their canvas prints that were absolutely awful, muddy colours, lacking detail, but it could have been the canvas they were using, and their prints to paper or card might be OK.

I have used Snapfish in the past, but I think product for NZ is actually printed in Australia unless it's changed, and with global quarantine requirements, I'm not sure if there could be any delivery delays at present.
11-08-2020, 02:24 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you both! I had a look at Harvey Norman, and that is definitely an option.

I am a bit spoiled maybe - I would like a few more design options for the calendar, if possible (recently I've done them in A3 landscape orientation with the photo taking up most of the space and just a line at the bottom for dates).

Snapfish could work, but I would hate for the present to get stuck in quarantine.

Also, thanks for the Kiwi Pentaxian thread - I am going to cross post the link to this thread in there, and see if there are more calendar ideas around...

11-08-2020, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #5
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hi Mette.

I have used Photobox in the past for diaries and calendars. They are OK and good value, but they print in Europe or Malaysia and ship to the destination country. Not ideal at present.

This year we have ordered diaries from Momento (in Sydney). They have a NZ site (Photo Books & Stationery: your photos deserve the best). The printing is done in Sydney but their turnaround is very fast and my observation is that there are no great delays in mail between Australia and NZ at present.

I prefer their software because it is more flexible and you can design the project while offline. They are more expensive than the bulk outlets like Harvey Norman or Photobox, but you should expect much better results.

Last edited by Des; 11-08-2020 at 03:53 PM.
11-08-2020, 03:20 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Thank you both! I had a look at Harvey Norman, and that is definitely an option.

I am a bit spoiled maybe - I would like a few more design options for the calendar, if possible (recently I've done them in A3 landscape orientation with the photo taking up most of the space and just a line at the bottom for dates).

Snapfish could work, but I would hate for the present to get stuck in quarantine.

Also, thanks for the Kiwi Pentaxian thread - I am going to cross post the link to this thread in there, and see if there are more calendar ideas around...
I've used these guys a few times: Diamond Photo - Canvas Prints, Photo Books, Calendars and Photo Gifts This is also the same company: Kroma Sometimes they have specials on the one website and not on the other so best to look at both to get the best deal.