Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2008, 03:18 AM   #1

Capture One Pro always underexposure?

I am using the trial version of the Capture One Pro.

I found that all my images (from K20D) are very under-exposure when open with it.
Anyone share similar experience? Pls advice.

11-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not the same program, but compared to the Pentax Photo Lab program, when I open my RAW files in Photoshop Elements, they're always darker than how they come out in the Pentax program.

I don't know exactly what that is, but I suspect maybe ACR maybe is able to pull more info out of the file? Though you would think that would be the opposite, that the Pentax program would be able to pull the most info out of the program. Maybe I just need to bump up the default brightness/contrast a little in the default ACR settings so I get a better match to what the camera is showing me.

Now that the short days have come, I'll maybe have some time to compare - I know I usually process my Fisheye photos with PPL, because ACR is stripped down a little in Elements and doesn't have adjustments for CA, which PPL does, and fixes the red/green/blue shifts very nicely. I wish PPL weren't so clunky of an interface! Oh well.