Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2020, 01:00 AM   #31
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
The question I answered was about the initial price - not an upgrade.
I'm afraid you're wrong. Class A has C1 v20 and you answered to his comment about v21 not being enough for him to upgrade. Your original comment was about initial price, but conversation moved on.

12-09-2020, 01:05 AM   #32
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fuzzyphotos Quote
The dehaze slider is in the list of tools, right click in a tool bar and select add tool, it's in the list.
Thanks, but I had found it before I read this. I created floating tool of it and then pushed it into appropiate place.
12-09-2020, 05:13 PM   #33
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I'm afraid you're wrong. Class A has C1 v20 and you answered to his comment about v21 not being enough for him to upgrade. Your original comment was about initial price, but conversation moved on.
Please read comment #21.

My comment was about B&H's discounted price for v20. That price was for v20 Pro (Not the Sony, Nikon or Fuji subsets). A license for v20 Pro purchased a few weeks before the v21 release gets a free upgrade, perpetual or subscription.

I know Class A has v20 and was/is reluctant to upgrade to v21. Dehaze is one of the "new" features in v21, I suggested that there are "behind the scenes" enhancements to v21 that make the upgrade a viable solution.
12-09-2020, 06:19 PM   #34
Pentaxian

A license for v20 Pro purchased a few weeks before the v21 release gets a free upgrade, perpetual or subscription.
I bought from B&H a few days prior to C121 coming out... they advertised the free upgrade (took a screen shot in case they do not want to believe me).

Do you know how to request the upgrade?

12-09-2020, 09:54 PM   #35
PDL
Pentaxian

Open CO. Under help/about - click check for updates.
Go from there.
12-10-2020, 12:26 AM - 1 Like   #36
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Please read comment #21.

My comment was about B&H's discounted price for v20. That price was for v20 Pro (Not the Sony, Nikon or Fuji subsets). A license for v20 Pro purchased a few weeks before the v21 release gets a free upgrade, perpetual or subscription.

I know Class A has v20 and was/is reluctant to upgrade to v21. Dehaze is one of the "new" features in v21, I suggested that there are "behind the scenes" enhancements to v21 that make the upgrade a viable solution.
I've read it. It ain't no cheaper than upgrade offer I got from C1 to upgrde from 12. I perfectly understand why someone using 20 doesn't feel upgrade now is not worth the money, but is smarter to wait a year for v22.
12-10-2020, 12:29 AM   #37
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
I bought from B&H a few days prior to C121 coming out... they advertised the free upgrade (took a screen shot in case they do not want to believe me).

Do you know how to request the upgrade?
I just downloaded 21 from capture one main page and used my licence key to register it. There was some hassle with windows and I needed to remove 20 from computer before I managed to get 21 visible in start menu.

12-10-2020, 06:53 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Open CO. Under help/about - click check for updates.Go from there.
QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
I just downloaded 21 from capture one main page and used my licence key to register it. There was some hassle with windows and I needed to remove 20 from computer before I managed to get 21 visible in start menu.
Thank you both for responding - I'll try either these ways tonight.
12-12-2020, 11:45 AM - 1 Like   #39

Probably the greatest feature in C1 21, as compared to the previous versions, seems to have gone unnoticed. Now you can copy/apply layers and their adjustments between files of different sizes, moreover - between files from different camera systems. For my money, the upgrade pays off due to this feature alone, aside from the other improvements. Normalising files of different types is a piece of cake at long last.