Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2021, 11:13 AM - 3 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by heckflosse Quote
As I got pinged in this thread, let me comment

1) the main motion detection in RT is by comparing green pixels.
2) If there are not many greens in the raw, also comparing blue/red pixels can be used (though not as exactly as with green pixels)
3) for the regions with motion you can use every (not just the first) frame
4) for the regions with motion, using the median is intended for stuff like moving water, not for foliage.

For CA correction the raw CA correction in RT works really well. I use it always and never use the Lensfun CA correction. The raw CA correction in RT also is specialized to work with Pixelshift files (giving the same auto correction for all frames, which is important)

Finally: I'm glad, some folks are using RT for pixelshift :+1: It was a lot of work coding it.

Ingo
Thank you for the work you put in. The software works beautifully and the results are often a step above the typical single shot.

01-18-2021, 12:15 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Finally: I'm glad, some folks are using RT for pixelshift :+1: It was a lot of work coding it.

Ingo
Well thanks for your efforts they are much appreciated.
01-21-2021, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
For CA correction the raw CA correction in RT works really well. I use it always and never use the Lensfun CA correction. The raw CA correction in RT also is specialized to work with Pixelshift files (giving the same auto correction for all frames, which is important)Finally: I'm glad, some folks are using RT for pixelshift :+1: It was a lot of work coding it.
Thanks for the clarification about pixel shift demosaicing parameters. RT pixel shift is the best option to date.
CA correction is terrific, I was able to totally eliminate CA to pixel level as it is possible to tweak everything.
The capture sharpening is also pretty strong (can pull details other software can't), pushes noise as well, better used for base ISO images.
Wavelet panel takes it to a higher level. For color rendering, RT is another concept, we should first read the manual, then use RT.