Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #16

Original Poster
I have Aperture, but don't have any plug-ins. I've tried to with some success some stylized color effects with LightZone. Thanks for the help. I very much appreciate it.

11-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Aperture is an excellent piece of software and just like Lightroom, has tons of add-ons, many built by the community of photographers who use it.

If you haven't done so yet, you should check out Apple - Aperture - Resources - Plug-ins, workflows, and other extras - tons of goodies there!
11-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
If the camera cannot faithfully reproduce what is in front of it, it needs attention.
Adjusting the image away from faithful reproduction is a photographer's choice, nothing more, and has nothing to do with the camera's ability to create a faithful reproduction of what it is pointed at.
There's a difference between "faithful reproduction" as:

a) "literal capture of lightwaves as a 2-dimensional image"; and
b) "capturing a scene as intended by the photographer after planning, composing, judging light and position, etc".

Definition a) simply requires the person holding a camera to click a button. Definition b) requires the photographer to have smarts.

There is no camera out there that smart. Wheatfield, if you manage to design it, you'll have created a literal cyborg with artificial intelligence, become a rich, rich person and singlehandedly kill photography as a profession.