Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
05-03-2021, 03:58 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
So I have this software and other than a curiosity I used once a couple of years ago I've not had any more experience with it. I have LR. PS, DxO, and some Topaz AI's as my primaries so I'm asking you that do use it: Should I also be using Digital Camera Utility for anything other than Pixelshift images?
I am considering switching to in-camera HDR simply as a convenient way of packaging things. Right now, I wind up with gobs of brackets that I have to manually stack in LR. If I shoot raw HDR in camera, the JPEG preview shows me the composition and such. I can then use DCU to extract the DNGs and then go run them through my preferred HDR software.

05-03-2021, 04:12 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
So I have this software and other than a curiosity I used once a couple of years ago I've not had any more experience with it. I have LR. PS, DxO, and some Topaz AI's as my primaries so I'm asking you that do use it: Should I also be using Digital Camera Utility for anything other than Pixelshift images?
I was using it for a while to separate in camera HDR images when I was experimenting with that. It does give complete exif data. It's an easy way to see what different Pentax custom images look like, probably some other oddities, but I don't know it very well.
05-05-2021, 07:05 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by myrdinn Quote
Does it process pixel shift with motion correction on?
Yes. As long as you're working with a raw file you can change it to any pixel shift mode you want. Just like the in camera settings.
05-12-2021, 04:56 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Thanks. It's useful for PixelShift and HDR RAW files. I don't use it for anything else.