Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2021, 11:25 PM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
First this isn't about right and wrong. I am talking about the peculiar use. Using a film camera to tape a show or using a VHS to film a show are both peculiar.

You use the word steal. Do you mean someone has a copy of your camera? Do you mean you let them use the camera as long as they didn't take pictures of trees and they did so it is now stolen? or do you mean you no longer have your camera? the word steal seems peculiar in 2 of these usages. It is used for more things too. The other ways are extremely difficult to separate from the morality so I am only mentioning how steal and theft have morphed and you can argue the term is misleading like filming on a VHS.
Of course I am just being me.... sorta having fun with things.

However.... you either have the "rights" to something .... or you don't. It really isn't a complex concept.... for the most part... just openly abused in lot's of specific ways.... like copyright etc. BTW... I'm no angle.

05-13-2021, 03:06 AM - 1 Like   #77
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First this isn't about right and wrong. I am talking about the peculiar use. Using a film camera to tape a show or using a VHS to film a show are both peculiar.

You use the word steal. Do you mean someone has a copy of your camera? Do you mean you let them use the camera as long as they didn't take pictures of trees and they did so it is now stolen? or do you mean you no longer have your camera? the word steal seems peculiar in 2 of these usages. It is used for more things too. The other ways are extremely difficult to separate from the morality so I am only mentioning how steal and theft have morphed and you can argue the term is misleading like filming on a VHS.
This is not addressed to you specifically, but your post stands out and deserves a response following previous requiests.
Can we please stop with the (pointless and off-topic) copyright discussions in this thread? This is in no way related to the OP's grievance. Further off-topic posts will result in closure of this thread without further warning.
05-13-2021, 05:36 AM - 1 Like   #78
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
This is not addressed to you specifically, but your post stands out and deserves a response following previous requiests.
Can we please stop with the (pointless and off-topic) copyright discussions in this thread? This is in no way related to the OP's grievance. Further off-topic posts will result in closure of this thread without further warning.
Thank you, Mark. Just now checking the thread, and seeing not much improvement.
05-13-2021, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Can we please stop with the (pointless and off-topic) copyright discussions in this thread? This is in no way related to the OP's grievance.
That is fine but you do realize the only question the OP asked was if you think Adobe is reprehensible so I fail to see it as off-topic and completely related.

05-13-2021, 08:13 AM - 4 Likes   #80
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is fine but you do realize the only question the OP asked was if you think Adobe is reprehensible so I fail to see it as off-topic and completely related.
Indeed the IP posted about his frustration with Lightroom, not about software piracy. And since the discussion has turned down the road of discussing such it has gone off topic, and doesn’t seem to be headed back to the original topic.

So.

Last edited by Not a Number; 05-13-2021 at 08:52 AM. Reason: fixed img tags :D
Closed Thread