Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2021, 07:16 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I shoot RAW+ and make the decision based on the photo. I find it's often not needed, but have surprised myself what a little tweaking can do. Topaz makes some good software. DeNoise is one of my favorites.

05-18-2021, 09:11 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." Ansel Adams
05-19-2021, 09:35 AM   #48
5ks
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
I, on the other hand, totally enjoy post-processing images.

For me, working on my photos in post extends the hobby. The time spent post-processing an image gives me a chance to reflect on the process I used when taking the photo. In other words there are two parts to my finished pictures - taking the photo and finishing the image.
I think and feel the same way: post processing extends my hobby. I enjoy both the adventure of taking photos and the option to recompose, adjuste and sometimes even manipulate them digitally, to achieve something that pleases my eye (and maybe also someone else's). So digital photography is kind of 2-in-1 hobby?
Naturally, the same applied/applies to film photos, if you develop the images in a darkroom yourself. I never did that, but sure like to finalize my images digitally.
05-24-2021, 09:31 PM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Couple of only cropped photos from our camping weekend.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF