Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2021, 05:06 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Silkypix

Latest version of Silkypix Developer Studio Pro10 now supports Pentax K3iii

SILKYPIX Developer Studio Pro10 Release Notes | SILKYPIX

06-21-2021, 02:26 AM   #2

I have the K-3 III and latest Capture One 21 but CO not support K-3 III PEF-format yet. I tried to shoot DNG-format and albeit CO supports it, the quality of the K-3 III DNG-version is rather poor (lack of details, mushy foliage, etc). I bought the latest SilkyPix when the upgrade came out and I'm very satisfied with it.
06-28-2021, 09:44 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Spotter51 Quote
I have the K-3 III and latest Capture One 21 but CO not support K-3 III PEF-format yet. I tried to shoot DNG-format and albeit CO supports it, the quality of the K-3 III DNG-version is rather poor (lack of details, mushy foliage, etc)
There should be no difference in image quality between a picture produced from a PEF or DNG. Depending on your raw converter settings you can of course get drastically different results. A raw file with no adjustments applied is a very dull image lacking colour, contrast, and sharpness.
06-30-2021, 01:06 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
There should be no difference in image quality between a picture produced from a PEF or DNG. Depending on your raw converter settings you can of course get drastically different results. A raw file with no adjustments applied is a very dull image lacking colour, contrast, and sharpness.
Yes, I agree but I can't compare those formats in C1 because (as I said) K3-III PEF is not yet supported. C1 does not "see" those PEF-files at all. I have been using the C1 program for about sixteen years, since version 3 or 4, and have been very happy with it. But Silkypix is not a bad option. The colours are a little different and the logic of the program is a little different, no catalogs etc. There is no rush to wait for the C1 upgrade anymore.