Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
07-16-2021, 06:29 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
There is actually a specific method of doing so, taught in medical environments. But I think it is only for one use gloves. I had it demonstrated to me once or twice but I doubt I could do it right without more instruction.
I've bought some cotton gloves (inexpensive) and tried them out for handling prints, compared to my general purpose textile half side coated gloves. Conclusion: I'd say cotton gloves are traditionally used by archival folks, they are comfortable to wear, naturally soft to print surfaces, and they are cheap but they aren't as durable as my general purpose gloves. As for handling prints, whether using cotton or textile half coated gloves makes no difference, in both cases they don't leave any dust, scratch or marks on the prints.

07-16-2021, 11:09 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
As for handling prints, whether using cotton or textile half coated gloves makes no difference, in both cases they don't leave any dust, scratch or marks on the prints.
I would think as important as which gloves, would be the uses and storage they are put to. The best archival gloves would be useless if for example they got used in the garden or something else in between handling prints. So its important to reserve that pair for handling prints and to keep them clean and dust free between uses, regardless of the actual type of glove.
07-16-2021, 12:12 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I would think as important as which gloves, would be the uses and storage they are put to.
That's right, I use those glove only for handling print and store than in dust free wallet with other camera cleaning accessories.