Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2021, 12:58 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
New Luminar Neo

Who has pre ordered the upcoming Luminar Neo ?

There are new features :

- Relight wrong exposed photos with one slider
- Remove backgrounds
- Remove dirt, spots and dust
- Remove power lines
- Layers and AI masking

Pre order for 59 for 2 computers, 99 normal price.

09-10-2021, 01:02 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It might be worth the $84AUD just for the power line removal – one of my main bugbears with cityscapes.
09-10-2021, 04:31 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No more Skylum products for me. They never delivered on their promises with Luminar.
09-11-2021, 12:49 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So many PP software out there, none manages to replicate all in camera color styles, which takes away a large part of the value of shooting raw.

---------- Post added 11-09-21 at 09:54 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
It might be worth the $84AUD just for the power line removal – one of my main bugbears with cityscapes.
Yes, that might be the only time saving feature I'd be interested in, hard to say I would buy and install an additional PP software for one feature.

---------- Post added 11-09-21 at 09:57 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
No more Skylum products for me. They never delivered on their promises with Luminar.
AI demo images are selected for impressive results. AI processed real world images isn't always as impressive as the demos, and sometimes is worse than man made editing. For a lot of people image surgery by AI may work, with impressive demos and low price being tempting.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 09-11-2021 at 12:59 AM.
09-11-2021, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
This has also been my experience with Skylum. Too much hype, too little product.
5 Days Ago   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just got the email, I recently did a trial on the current version and was not really impressed. Good price for the new one, but I'll probably pass.
5 Days Ago   #7
Pentaxian

They just released a program last year that superseded Luminar and left Luminar users at a dead end. And now a new software? At this point just money grabs from this company. All of last years new software features and this new Neo software should have been updates for Luminar users. What a horrific business model.