Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2021, 07:55 AM   #1

Pano prints without the roll attachment Epson p800

Anyone tried cutting roll paper to the desired size and feeding it through the printer as a sheet?

09-30-2021, 12:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've done that quite a bit but not with the p800. You might have to hold the paper just so to get it started due to the curl, but once the printer takes hold of the paper it should feed ok. Roll paper can curl up a lot but if you wrap it the opposite way around a 4-5 inch roll of paper towels and band it in place over night, it will straighten out pretty well. You need to tell the printer the size of the sheet prior to printing (USER). I usually include a little extra (over what I tell the printer) and then trim the ends after printing.

You can also buy precut panoramic sheet from some suppliers:

https://www.redrivercatalog.com/browse/panoramic-inkjet-papers-big-sheets.html

and roll paper

https://www.redrivercatalog.com/browse/roll-inkjet-photo-paper.html

Last edited by Bob 256; 09-30-2021 at 12:34 PM.
09-30-2021, 06:38 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I haven’t done any panos on my p800 but I did several with my Epson 3800. I would use some cardboard to support the longer paper above the sheet feeder and support it coming out so it wouldn’t tend to hang and pull on the sheet at the outlet tray.

The initial custom page size setup is the hardest part. But usually you only need to do it once and save it.

I buy pre-cut pano sheets from Red River Paper and have had good luck.
12-21-2021, 06:38 AM   #4
dlhawes

You can, with the Canon Pro-1000, which has no support for paper rolls. A firmware update made capable of printing on a piece of paper up to four feet long (approximately). I haven't tried it, but it's an advertised feature.