Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 48 Likes Search this Thread
11-22-2021, 03:00 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
ViewPoint is a worthwhile tool if you do any UWA shots.
Have that since PL4. Glad that it still works with the current version.

11-24-2021, 09:30 AM   #62

Photos: Gallery
All, would you mind requesting DXO support for the DA* 16-50 F2.8 PLM and for the DFA 21 2.4 limited?

Thank You

Suggest Module - DxO

11-24-2021, 11:40 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UlrichSchiegg Quote
All, would you mind requesting DXO support for the DA* 16-50 F2.8 PLM and for the DFA 21 2.4 limited?

Thank You

Suggest Module - DxO

I would do it with pleasure but The link doesn't seem to open the right page.
11-25-2021, 03:35 AM   #64

If I open the link I get to a page "suggest module", I can pick lens and select / copy the lens data in.

11-25-2021, 07:27 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I open the link I get to a page "suggest module", I can pick lens and select / copy the lens data in.
I am not sure tis is the way to request adding lenses into DXO5
on this page is a question:
What would you like to know more about?

A friend sent to a group in FB link where we could vote for including support in dxo and it looked like this
https://feedback.dxo.com/t/pixel-shift-support-please/21409
By the way if anyone wants to support this request - it would be great.

---------- Post added 11-25-21 at 07:42 AM ----------

Support for DA* 16-50 F2.8 PLM and DFA 21 2.4 limited K mount lenses - Which feature do you need? - DxO Forums
I just created such a request where everyone registered in the forum of DXO can vote.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 11-25-21 at 07:42 AM ----------

Last edited by Yaki; 11-25-2021 at 07:43 AM.
11-25-2021, 09:05 AM   #66

Yaki, the forum is not the same as the commercial pages. The forum is a very informal discussion on feature wish list.

Please fill the sheets under:Suggest Module - DxO
11-25-2021, 10:35 AM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yaki, the forum is not the same as the commercial pages. The forum is a very informal discussion on feature wish list.

Please fill the sheets under:Suggest Module - DxO
Ok, Done!
I heard that informal requests in the forum can help the developers prioritizes official ones.

11-26-2021, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #68

QuoteOriginally posted by Yaki Quote
Ok, Done!
I heard that informal requests in the forum can help the developers prioritizes official ones.
Oh sure.

Usually it helps to have the commercial people on board as well. I would not be surprised, if with the email they check if it is an active dxo user who is requesting or not.
11-27-2021, 02:35 AM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh sure.

Usually it helps to have the commercial people on board as well. I would not be surprised, if with the email they check if it is an active dxo user who is requesting or not.
If active dxo user means someone who has purchased the program - I am and I hope to help. I dont have those lenses yet but intend to buy new16-50 next year if I can.
11-27-2021, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #70

I tried them. They are great lenses, both of them.
12-01-2021, 04:15 PM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
As far as I know there are no lens correction modules for lenses used in combination with the HD DA 1.4 TC... is it possible/does it make sense to somehow use the lens module for the lens, intended for pictures without TC, but apply it to pictures with the TC, would that work?

The thing I like most about the lens correction modules is the lens sharpness. It's almost a "one click solution", trying perhaps 2 or 3 settings on the slider, and I really like the results I get with that. On pictures without lens correction modules, I try to fiddle with the USM settings, but I don't think I can get close to the results I get with the lens sharpness module and it takes me much longer.

Any recommendations?
12-02-2021, 05:49 AM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Oooh, one thing I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned before: DxO now seems to add the correct lens name to the EXIF so that Flickr can read and display it. Sample size is small for me so far, just pictures from the K-3 III and DA* 300 or 55-300 PLM. It did not work correctly with a jpg from the K-3 III, but that may have been with older firmware as well.

Can anyone confirm that this might be due to DxO, not the K-3 III?
12-02-2021, 01:59 PM   #73
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Oooh, one thing I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned before: DxO now seems to add the correct lens name to the EXIF so that Flickr can read and display it. Sample size is small for me so far, just pictures from the K-3 III and DA* 300 or 55-300 PLM. It did not work correctly with a jpg from the K-3 III, but that may have been with older firmware as well.Can anyone confirm that this might be due to DxO, not the K-3 III?
I just tried it. The lens name shows up in PL when processing, but the output jpg doesn't show the lens name in EXIF (only in Maker Notes).

Looks like you might have found an undocumented feature of the K-3iii!
12-02-2021, 02:27 PM - 1 Like   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
The lens name shows up in PL when processing, but the output jpg doesn't show the lens name in EXIF (only in Maker Notes).

Looks like you might have found an undocumented feature of the K-3iii!
I don't think it's a feature of the K-3 III. See those two pictures, one the OOC jpg, the other the file as converted by DxO PL5. Lens name shows up only in the second picture. Perhaps it's not saved to EXIF, but in a format that is readable by Flickr, while it was not done so before.

Testing again with pictures taken with the K-S2: OOC - PL5

Confirmed it's because of something that DxO PL does to the files!
12-02-2021, 02:44 PM - 2 Likes   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
I don't think it's a feature of the K-3 III. See those two pictures, one the OOC jpg, the other the file as converted by DxO PL5. Lens name shows up only in the second picture. Perhaps it's not saved to EXIF, but in a format that is readable by Flickr, while it was not done so before.

Testing again with pictures taken with the K-S2: OOC - PL5

Confirmed it's because of something that DxO PL does to the files!
I can confirm that IF I edited in DXO in November (raw files for sure) and uploaded to flickr it appears to properly note the lens now. I'm not able to confirm if this is only since DXO 5 since the last month I was using DXO 4 I mainly used SOOC jpgs from wifi transferred to my phone and then uploaded to flickr.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 12-02-2021 at 02:51 PM.