Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
10-31-2021, 01:51 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax lens profiles disappeared in LRC v11

Hi,
I just updated LightRoom Classic to the latest version 11. Was processing some images and found that the lens profiles I've had disappeared. There's no Pentax or Ricoh make in the selection list.
Am I missing something or Adobe made an improvement?
Thanks.

10-31-2021, 02:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm still using Lightroom 5.7.1, the stand-alone version on my hard disk PC. That version correctly shows only some Pentax lenses, and I can't find any lens correction files on it for Pentax. For example, it correctly shows the SMC Pentax-D FA 100mm macro lens, but not the HD Pentax FA 28-105 lens. So I'd like to know what answers you get. I've been considering signing up for the Adobe "Photography Plan" subscription so I can try both the web-based Lightroom and also the latest Lightroom Classic version. I'm hoping the subscription LR will correctly identify all Pentax lenses, and will have lens profiles for them as well - is that too much to expect?
10-31-2021, 02:23 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adobe still list umpteen Pentax lenses as being supported by Lightroom, including the new 16-50/2.8 PLM AW. Perhaps the upgrade hasn't quite added everything yet.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html
10-31-2021, 02:53 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sinus007 Quote
Hi,
I just updated LightRoom Classic to the latest version 11. Was processing some images and found that the lens profiles I've had disappeared. There's no Pentax or Ricoh make in the selection list.
Thanks.
There's a big list of Pentax lenses. Have you ticked "profile corrections"?

10-31-2021, 03:07 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi,
Here's what I have:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/32-digital-processing-software-printing/554011d1635717881-pentax-lens-profiles-disappeared-lrc-v11-lens-profiles-02.jpg

when I open images that I've processed before the update there is Pentax lens profiles.
Attached Images

10-31-2021, 03:20 PM - 1 Like   #6
BWG
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi,
Thanks.
Did you shoot .jpgs by mistake? The profiles are mostly for RAW files. I speak from experience.
10-31-2021, 04:08 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BWG Quote
Did you shoot .jpgs by mistake? The profiles are mostly for RAW files. I speak from experience.
Hi,
All files are DNG
Thanks.

10-31-2021, 04:09 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi,
Here's what I have:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=554011&stc=1&d=1635717881

when I open images that I've processed before the update there is Pentax lens profiles.
Odd. This is what I see. Lightroom Classic 11.
Attached Images

10-31-2021, 04:50 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi,
Thanks.
I had not updated yet, but after reading your post I did a search on v11 to see any changes in lens profiles. The only changes to Pentax profiles was to add the new 16-50. So I went ahead and updated, took a photo and uploaded it to LRC, the profile popped right in as soon as I checked the "Enable Profile Corrections" box. I wonder if your update was corrupted, I would try running it again.
10-31-2021, 05:09 PM   #10
Pentaxian

All the profiles seem to be there for me. You did the whole update catalog thing? (You must have.) Also updated Camera Raw? (don't know if that makes a difference, but it might)
10-31-2021, 05:25 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Question- what does "save your work" mean?

This discussion prompted me to update my Lightroom Classic. When I began to update, I got a warning to "Save your work" first. Does anybody understand what that entails? I wouldn't want to lose days or years of LR edits. I won't proceed until I understand this warning better.
10-31-2021, 05:27 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatridger Quote
This discussion prompted me to update my Lightroom Classic. When I began to update, I got a warning to "Save your work" first. Does anybody understand what that entails? I wouldn't want to lose days or years of LR edits. I won't proceed until I understand this warning better.
It just means have a backup of your current files and LR catalog in case it goes wrong. Which you should have in any case since it can all go wrong without any LR problem, i.e. your hard drive could suddenly fail.
10-31-2021, 06:52 PM - 2 Likes   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have seen exactly what you show whenever I edit an image in Photoshop then bring it back into Lightroom. The Pentax profiles disappear (along with several others). I just make sure I apply lens corrections first in Lightroom before editing any image I need to work on in Photoshop. Don't know why that happens.
11-01-2021, 05:09 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DWS1 Quote
I have seen exactly what you show whenever I edit an image in Photoshop then bring it back into Lightroom. The Pentax profiles disappear (along with several others). I just make sure I apply lens corrections first in Lightroom before editing any image I need to work on in Photoshop. Don't know why that happens.
Because profiles are for DNG /RAW/ files but not for TIFF files
11-01-2021, 06:26 AM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi,
To finish this story.
I ended up chatting with Adobe support. The guy remoted into my PC, didn't find anything off; asked me to show - I did and it worked. I don't know what happened but now I can see all profiles including Pentax and assign it to an image. Weird. Maybe rebooting the PC or restarting the LrC...
Thanks all for help.