Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-28-2021, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #1
Forum Member

Lensfun profiles

Having acquired the Pentax 11-18mm, I thought I would contribute by taking some pictures that could be used for creating a lens profile. So I took some photos according to the procedure here (not for vignetting): https://wilson.bronger.org/calibration and uploaded the RAWs. No reply. I uploaded the photos again after a while. No reply. So I wrote Torsten Bronger to hear if the RAWs came through. No reply. I wrote him again to hear if I had done something wrong. Still no reply.
Anyone here had any success with submitting photos for lens profiles to lensfun? I realize he may be a busy man and doing this in his sparetime but sending a reply shouldn't take to long.

11-28-2021, 06:14 AM   #2
Forum Member

I have similar experience, no reply. Maybe someday I should learn how to generate profiles on my own.
11-28-2021, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by syyrmb Quote
I have similar experience, no reply. Maybe someday I should learn how to generate profiles on my own.
I've never tried it myself, but you can create profiles by following instruction here. Some correction profile creation requires some packages to be installed to run the script and using the command line, so it depends on your level of comfort with such tools. If you create one, then it can be submitted to the project on github.

https://pixls.us/articles/create-lens-calibration-data-for-lensfun/
11-28-2021, 01:06 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AlanM Quote
Having acquired the Pentax 11-18mm, I thought I would contribute by taking some pictures that could be used for creating a lens profile. So I took some photos according to the procedure here (not for vignetting): https://wilson.bronger.org/calibration and uploaded the RAWs. No reply. I uploaded the photos again after a while. No reply. So I wrote Torsten Bronger to hear if the RAWs came through. No reply. I wrote him again to hear if I had done something wrong. Still no reply.
Anyone here had any success with submitting photos for lens profiles to lensfun? I realize he may be a busy man and doing this in his sparetime but sending a reply shouldn't take to long.
I think you only hear from him if something goes wrong. I have successfully contributed several in the past, and another one (DFA* 50 f/1.4) about a week ago. These are used by ON1 Photo RAW, so I see when they work their way through.