QuoteQuote:
Suspended Support

No samples on raw.pixls.us

Pentax K200D
Pentax K2000
Pentax Q10

Samsung GX10
Samsung GX20

Should we take this to mean that these cameras are no longer supported in this version of Darktable?

EDIT: I installed the new version and tested it with GX10 files... they still load and process just fine. Confusing...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 12-26-2021 at 06:29 AM.
12-26-2021, 07:13 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
they still load and process just fine. Confusing...
I believe support means they're using a custom profile to process WB, denoise, and demosaic (https://www.darktable.org/resources/camera-support/), and otherwise some standard settings. Haven't noticed issues, my K-1ii isn't supported (and darktable won't default on its own to K-1 profiles)
12-26-2021, 07:36 AM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
I believe support means they're using a custom profile to process WB, denoise, and demosaic (https://www.darktable.org/resources/camera-support/), and otherwise some standard settings. Haven't noticed issues, my K-1ii isn't supported (and darktable won't default on its own to K-1 profiles)
Ah... that makes sense. Well, I'm not too concerned about missing some profile-based specifics... I've loaded files from each of my cameras (some requiring conversion to DNG using Adobe DNG Converter) and the new version of Darktable handles them just fine. All good

12-26-2021, 09:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Ah nice, had some problems with darktable introducing green blocks around the borders of images while processing - the start of the problem coincided with when I picked up my new-to-me KP so I was worried I was sold a dud

It wasn't a big deal at first as it was only in the processing steps and gone when exported to JPEG, but then they started showing up in the exported shots too - hopefully 3.8 fixed all that.
12-26-2021, 10:29 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The bigger problem might be missing lenses
12-26-2021, 11:54 AM   #7
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bwgv001 Quote
The bigger problem might be missing lenses
I'm not too concerned about that, to be honest. There were enough of the lenses that I use missing, that I rely on manual corrections... I'm not bothered about vignetting in most cases - it's only distortion that I look to correct, and only then if it's severe...

12-27-2021, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Thanks for the heads-up

One slightly concerning aspect of the release notes:

Should we take this to mean that these cameras are no longer supported in this version of Darktable?

EDIT: I installed the new version and tested it with GX10 files... they still load and process just fine. Confusing...
That likely means they don't have samples at raw.pixls.us. They have a list of missing cameras at https://raw.pixls.us/?missing#repo and instructions for that at https://discuss.pixls.us/t/raw-samples-wanted/5420. If you own any of the missing cameras I'm sure providing samples would be appreciated.