Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-23-2022, 09:26 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photo printing services in Canada

Can anyone recommend a photo printing service in Canada, specifically Ontario. Many websites make it difficult to do even most basic comparison by requiring you to register before you can see what they offer. I am looking for a decent consumer (not business or bulk) photo printing service that would be a step above Costco: printing on quality paper with quality ink.

04-23-2022, 10:06 PM   #2
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you specify what you are looking for? Volume 4x6 prints? Specialty papers / canvas / metal / photo books?
04-23-2022, 10:11 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
consumer (not business or bulk) photo printing service that would be a step above Costco: printing on quality paper with quality ink.

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Can you specify what you are looking for? Volume 4x6 prints? Specialty papers / canvas / metal / photo books?
04-24-2022, 06:21 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxxoid Quote
consumer (not business or bulk) photo printing service that would be a step above Costco: printing on quality paper with quality ink.
Henrys for one... Henry's Photo Centre

(Though they dropped Pentaxes except for special order some time back. So personally I'm a little down on them.)

04-24-2022, 09:34 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There's a range from Walmart to Burlington Camera to Downtown Camera to Toronto Image Works. Depends what you are trying to do, whether you're printing from digital files that you want to submit or drop off a memory stick or a negative, what you what the output on, and where you're located.
04-24-2022, 04:25 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxxoid Quote
Can anyone recommend a photo printing service in Canada, specifically Ontario. Many websites make it difficult to do even most basic comparison by requiring you to register before you can see what they offer. I am looking for a decent consumer (not business or bulk) photo printing service that would be a step above Costco: printing on quality paper with quality ink.

I am in Ontario as well (Caledon), and for most of my printing I use our local art framing shop. The proprietor has a giant Epson printer, and has a variety of fine art and basic papers on hand to suit any style, size and price point. She can even print on canvas and do a wrap. Her prices are extremely reasonable and fair. A HUGE advantage is that she'll run a test strip at no charge if I'm doing a large costly print, just to make sure the sharpness, tonality and brightness are spot on before running the big print, and she'll work with me until it's right. You won't get that service from an online vendor or bigger store. I can highly recommend you seek out a shop like it in your area and suppport a small local business, especially since many have suffered so badly during Covid.

If that's not an option, try Pikto.com for photo books, metal prints, and fine art Giclee prints. Kind of pricey, but excellent quality and their online setup tools are great.

There's also printpartner.ca, which is less costly than Pikto, and fewer options, but I can't vouch for their quality as I've not used them.

Hope this helps.