Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Removing background from images

I am finding this too hard, I googled and found some companies that do this sort of thing, has anyone tried them? Is clipping path the same as deepetching. http://www.deepetch.com seems to be one good one, I also saw SUSPENDED and www.ezyclipping.com -. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing. My catalog has over 300 images of jewelery and jackets with fur fitted on manequins due in two weeks, all shot on a blue studio background. Do I require alpha channel masking? Can anyone help please?

12-16-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If your blue studio background is fairly homogeneous, any clipping service should be able to do it for you. Note I have no experience with such services, I am merely basing it on my understanding of photo editing tools. Why not take up ezyclipping on their offer for a free trial?
12-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
graphicgr8s

If your using a chroma background or other single color background than the magic wand in PS will be easy. The question on the clipping path is will your final program recognize it.