Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How to do colour separation without photoshop?

Hi.

I am looking for a software (freeware or shareware preferred) that can do colour separation of images.

Say I have a image of a kid who is standing among other kids and I only want to retain the colour to this kid. I want all the background to be in B&W.

What software can do this apart from photoshop? I have a go at Gimp but kinda complicated to me.

Thanks

12-19-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can use any software to make cutouts. Any application the uses layers makes it much, much easier, but you can do it manually by making a second copy of the image and making your adjustments and cutting out what you don't need and overlaying the images.

Take a look at Paint.net. The last time I looked, it supports layers, and is a decent free alternative.
12-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use Paint.net as well. It's an easy program to navigate and make sure you visit the forums to get plugins and updates. It's an excellent program for this and other things.
12-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks alohadave and peter for your help.

Thanks also to a gentleman who PM me to inform me that this software can do this as well.

http://yuren88.myweb.hinet.net/file/PhotoCap422_EN.exe

This is apparently a Taiwanese made freeware. There is a English version available. I have just downloaded this a try it out. U just need to use the paint brush to paint the background with a greyscale brush and it works.

Thanks and consider this thread closed

Cheers!!