Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-22-2022, 04:58 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PSA for LR6 users

So, my copy of LR6 would not load. Unsurprisingly, I was unable to download a clean copy from the website, or my account. I contacted Adobe through the website help, and I am now downloading a fresh copy of 6.14.

However the news t(o me) on the download page was that this service would no longer be available from end-2023. While I can continue to use LR6 into 2024 and beyond, if anything goes wrong I need to have my backup in place, or it is all over red rover ...

This also begs the question of how long LR6 will work with the rollout of OS upgrades (Win in my case).

For your information.

08-22-2022, 10:54 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you secure a copy of the download file (the .exe file) on a usb/cd/etc. then you should be able to use it for installs in future if you need to. I've just used the download to upgrade my LR 6.0 install on a new Windows 11 laptop (the "check for updates" feature will not update any more). I was happy that Windows 11 and LR 6.14 work together nicely but I wouldn't be surprised if future Windows version are not compatible.
08-22-2022, 04:52 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the heads up. I have my LR6 on its original disc. How does one just get the upgrade file to put on a disc or usb?
08-23-2022, 01:35 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I hope I'm not breaking any rules (Mods please delete if I am) but I believe this is the download link for LR 6.14 (even though the filename suggests 6.11) for users who already have a valid licence .....

https://prdl-download.adobe.com/Lightroom/60BA1251F1BC48B8B82B1B63AE8E620E/1...oom_6_LS11.exe

You will of course need your existing serial number to enter during the install! You should then be able to keep the .exe file for future use - but I don't know whether Adobe will retire the validation process in future

Please check the validity of the link/file yourself carefully before downloading - I believe this is a valid Adobe site. There are numerous other sites claiming to have the file but I prefer to use the manufacturers sites

08-24-2022, 12:51 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LennyBloke Quote
I hope I'm not breaking any rules (Mods please delete if I am) but I believe this is the download link for LR 6.14 (even though the filename suggests 6.11) for users who already have a valid licence .....

https://prdl-download.adobe.com/Lightroom/60BA1251F1BC48B8B82B1B63AE8E620E/1...oom_6_LS11.exe

You will of course need your existing serial number to enter during the install! You should then be able to keep the .exe file for future use - but I don't know whether Adobe will retire the validation process in future

Please check the validity of the link/file yourself carefully before downloading - I believe this is a valid Adobe site. There are numerous other sites claiming to have the file but I prefer to use the manufacturers sites
That is different to the location I used, provided by the Adobe help bot: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.ht...=web-messaging I could not get it to work just now though, maybe it was a onetime link for my download, but I was told to bookmark that page, there was other info there relating to synching.

Lenny, I clicked on your link and it immediately started to download - no way to verify the site of origin, so I killed the download straight away. My link should take you to an adobe page, and you might be able to download your version of choice (mac or win).

---------- Post added 08-24-2022 at 05:57 PM ----------

Put this in your address bar (beware truncation): helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html#sa_src=web-messaging

It worked for me just now.