Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2022, 11:27 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Canon Imagegraf ™-200 printer

Question: due to a tragic passing away, our niece is left with a new Canon Imagegraf ™-200 printer from her late husband who was an artist. I wonder whether this printer could be useful for photo printing (i'm an ignoramus in this, I always thought i'd bring my printable pictures to a professional). Any experiences with this printer, any advice? I've been asked to sell it, and i'm considering to take it myself if we don't get much for it.

08-28-2022, 01:52 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
Question: due to a tragic passing away, our niece is left with a new Canon Imagegraf ™-200 printer from her late husband who was an artist. I wonder whether this printer could be useful for photo printing (i'm an ignoramus in this, I always thought i'd bring my printable pictures to a professional). Any experiences with this printer, any advice? I've been asked to sell it, and i'm considering to take it myself if we don't get much for it.
That’s a fairly large format printer. It prints on 24” rolls of paper. They do market photo paper for it, but it looks like it only has five inks where most higher grade photo printers have 8 or more. I’d guess it would make large prints reasonably well, but I don’t know enough to be sure.

Inks sets aren’t cheap:
Canon imagePROGRAF TM-200 Ink Cartridges | BlueDogInk.com

Last edited by UncleVanya; 08-28-2022 at 07:09 PM.
08-28-2022, 06:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
According to the Canon USA web site, the printer iis for technical documents, CAD drawing, posters, and similar.
08-29-2022, 03:50 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies! It's hard to market a printer like this then.

08-29-2022, 05:16 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A graphic design company, print shop, engineering or architecture firm would probably want it.