Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2023, 07:44 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Closed Account

20 Basic Photoshop Formulas - Free eBook

I came across this free eBook, on youtube, I'm not sure if this is a sample or the full thing. I've made it available publicly from my Google Drive to anyone that want's to download and view it. Most of it is helpful if you're a Gimp user also. I believe you can right click it to download the pdf or double click it to open in your browser. The link to get it is:

Update your browser to use Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Sites, Slides, and Forms - Google Drive Help

Addendum: Author's webpage is: https://www.kelvindesigns.com/

Addendum 2: Another eBook I came across. Is old but I'm sure some of it is still relevant: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HINaHcnpXFaU2c0DAorGdE8J_FfTT1g0

Addendum 3: Photoshop CC The Missing Manual: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_tY3MkOzyh2-lG36MO1D8XdskK-nIDGZ

Last edited by Michael Piziak; 02-11-2023 at 10:46 PM.
02-12-2023, 01:54 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was curious about these.

The first two downloaded OK. The third one had a message: "You need access. Ask for access, or switch to an account with access." Not sure if that is permissions on your Google Drive or due to the fact I'd opened the two already? I'm signed in to Google, so that's not the problem.

Thank you for sharing!
02-12-2023, 12:04 PM   #3
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
I was curious about these.

The first two downloaded OK. The third one had a message: "You need access. Ask for access, or switch to an account with access." Not sure if that is permissions on your Google Drive or due to the fact I'd opened the two already? I'm signed in to Google, so that's not the problem.

Thank you for sharing!
Hmm, once there, I right clicked & downloaded it with a different browser that I wasn't signed in with.

Perhaps you or someone else can try it (again) and report back here....
02-12-2023, 05:21 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I downloaded the free eBook a few weeks ago, unfortunately many of the formulas are based on Photoshop CC or later. I'm still using Photoshop CS5 so these formulas are basically useless to me, although when it comes to Photoshop, there is always an alternative way of doing things if yo can find it.

Along with the free download I received an email a few days later about a Webinar given by the author of these formulas.
The webinar was great, but of course it was also a sales pitch where they were asking for Thousands of dollars for the entire editing package.

Once you registered for the webinar, you are also registered to receive their daily promotion emails and I mean DAILY where more information, how-to's, tricks of the trade and of course sales pitches.
My question is if these guys are so succesful why are tdo they need to sell this stuff ?