Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2023, 08:38 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Macbook air 2013 colour profile

My son gave me his 2013 macbook air so I could process my images on something decent. The trouble is I am not totally happy with what I am getting. Is there a colour profile in the options that gives you the very best representation of your image and all its colours. Any tips would be very welcome indeed

05-08-2023, 08:40 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
My son gave me his 2013 macbook air so I could process my images on something decent. The trouble is I am not totally happy with what I am getting. Is there a colour profile in the options that gives you the very best representation of your image and all its colours. Any tips would be very welcome indeed
An external color calibration tool might help.
05-08-2023, 08:58 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Best results you get for your particular display if you color calibrate it. This should take care of older displays - of course within the margins the physical device works.

You could also try an sRGB profile and look how it works. I‘m pretty sure that AdobeRGB isn‘t a good choice for older Macbook displays.
05-08-2023, 09:08 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks. I think we have a spider calibrator in the photographic society but I am not sure how many options I have. I am not going to complain about it though as it is way better than both my glacially slow laptop and my android tablet.

05-08-2023, 02:12 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I downloaded a colour chart and chose the profile that looked most accurate to what I believe the colours should look. I felt that my post processed shots were a touch warm when viewed on a different screen, suggesting the one I process on is a bit cool. So, when I used the on board calibration tool and it cooled it, I was a bit surprised