Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2009, 02:39 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Font problem in PPL

Windows XP Home. Pentax Photo Browser. File Print | Print Photo. Date is not readable because it is using Martlett font:

I presume this is because it at the top of the list. If I select Arial (the 2nd entry in the list) it's OK:

The Marlett font on my system:

The problem is if I run Pextax Photo Lab and use File | Print | Print Bracketing, there is no font selection:

How do I make Arial the default in PPL? I can't see any ordering in any INI, Application Data or Registry entry. Marlett does not appear under Start | Control Panel | Fonts, so I can't delete it (is is an XP System font?) but it is found inside these files:

It is in the registry under:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-299502267-1177238915-839522115-1004\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Panose, but the Marlett entry is all zeros.

Dan.

Last edited by dosdan; 01-05-2009 at 03:34 AM.
10-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #2

Dear Dosdan,

I too suffer from this problem and have been keeping my eyes out for a solution ever since I bought my K 200D. The test-strip function in PPL is just like doing tests in the dark-room, but the Marlett script takes some getting used to, though it can be deciphered with a degree of determination and tenacity. Have you or anybody else found an answer?