Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Forum Member

Anyone for Bibble?

Hi all,

It seems that there's no end for my questions... I've been looking for a fast and easy RAW converter. I have previously tried Lightroom (also the latest version) and DxO Pro and since I have Photoshop CS3, also ACR. DxO was extremely slow in my machine, ACR seems to be quite basic and there's not anything particularly wrong in Lightroom, but somehow it didn't like it. Just opened the Pentax Lab but liketo have something with more options. I have loaded trial versions of Capture One, Bibble Pro and Silkypix. Of those three, Bibble felt easiest to use, fastest and it seems it has enough options for me. Has anyone tried it, and what did you like?

Regards,

Jari

01-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
BPT
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use bibble first lite then I upgraded to pro once I installed it on multiple computers. I like that it is fast, cross platform and it is easy to navigate around. It does a good job but it does have problems with artifacts on pentax cameras. Hopefully it is fixed on version 5 which is soon to be released, and if you buy 4 now you get a free upgrade to 5. But dont hold your breath too long for 5, I have been waiting a year
01-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
Inactive Account

I have been waiting for Bibble 5 for over 2 years. Don't really expect it soon. Bibble 4 was my first RAW processor. I liked the operation and the plugins, but was getting way too many artifacts. 5 might (should) be better, but who knows. I switched to Lightroom and could not be more pleased. I am only running 1.4, but I also ended up buying LightZone for easy layers. I will probably update Lightroom to ver 2, and grab my free copy of Bibble 5 when & if, but I could live happy using Lightroom & LightZone!
01-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I'm happily using Bibble Pro. Works well for me.

01-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Time is a very precious commodity for me and I wanted something extremely simple for converting raw files.

Stepok's Raw Importer does it simple and fast to a tiff or JPEG file - you will have to shoot DNG though.

It's also free
01-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks! They're promising v5 "no later than the end of january 2009" so this might be a perfect time to buy... I just processed today's hundred or so images, and I think Bibble did well. However, I became curious about those artifacts you mentioned - I didn't really see any, but perhaps I didn't know what to look. Could you specify a little?

Best wishes,

Jari
01-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
However, I became curious about those artifacts you mentioned - I didn't really see any, but perhaps I didn't know what to look. Could you specify a little?
For me it was any rough water shot or most shots with hair.

Last edited by kpfeifle; 01-26-2009 at 01:45 PM.
01-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #8
vlo
Inactive Account

Hi Jari
I tried several commercial raw-programs and ended up with bibble. Although I am quite happy with it will upgrade to version 5 when it comes. I prefer even version 4 to ACR.

vlo
01-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I use Bibble Pro and I think it rocks. I got to see a demo of Bibble 5 at PDN in NYC and it was awesome. I hope it's released soon.
01-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Kiitokset Ouluun and thanks all you guys! I bought BibblePro and printed the manual - there is definetly some learning to do...