Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 04:16 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Highly skilled at post-processing?

I'm looking for someone who has a lot of knowledge and talent in post-production processing of images. My desire is either to learn from you or hire you to process photos for me.

I also believe there is an opportunity for a very successful web-based business here and would even entertain partnering with the right person to start such a enterprise. (I am a consultant and entrepreneur.)

Love to hear your thoughts.

Best,

Tim K.

01-27-2009, 06:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

If I were anywhere near NW Arkansas and had more time, I'd certainly consider this a bit more, Tim. As it is, you may want to try searching colleges in your area, with ads on the "help wanted" bulletin boards. Each are certain to have one or two talented students in their computer education departments. In the meantime, this message will bounce your thread back to the top for others to read once again. Good luck.

stewart
01-27-2009, 07:00 AM   #3
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Chieftan Quote
I'm looking for someone who has a lot of knowledge and talent in post-production processing of images. My desire is either to learn from you or hire you to process photos for me.

I also believe there is an opportunity for a very successful web-based business here and would even entertain partnering with the right person to start such a enterprise. (I am a consultant and entrepreneur.)

Love to hear your thoughts.

Best,

Tim K.
If you want to learn PP then my suggestion, as always, is to get a copy of PhotoShop. It's a powerful program and one I use everyday for pre-press. NAPP is probably THE BEST single source of information. These guys are the gurus of PhotoShop. And yes, I put my money where my mouth is. I am a member and have been for years. They do live seminars around the country and the one in Tampa, FL is Feb 27. You know where I'll be that day. They've got about 3000 tutorials on the website which on more than one occasion has helped me out of a creative funk. Learn to do it yourself. After all only you really know what you want out of your photographs.
01-27-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Tim, where are you in NW Arkansas? I am near Fayetteville, and am wondering what your needs are, in regards to using post-processing techniques? Are you looking for portraiture related pp'ing, etc?

You are welcome to send me a PM too. Some of my work can be found at my website in my signature file.

Regards,
Marc

01-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you two gents are near Pine Ridge I once heard Lum Eddards say that Cedric Weehunt is pretty handy with a Brownie. I believe that Milford Spears also once did a bit of semi-pro work there.

(I don't expect anybody outside NW Arkansas to have the slightest idea what any of that meant.)