Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
Forum Member

What monitor do u use?

Following from arguments of the megapixel limits v.s. lens limits (or the megapixel war) that had risen numerous times.

I would like to point out some things being completely missed. That is, the ways we view our photos nowadays.

IMHO, people should invest the same amount of $ if not more on their monitors than their lens/ dslr. Otherwise, all the sweet shots you took are not as sweet viewed from a 17" or less that does just a little over 1MP.

I am in supportive of more mega-pixel = the better (both on monitors and sensors) at least for now that I don’t think it had reached the physical optical resolution limitation (as majority of un-resolved high magnification done on images are due to the slightest vibration even when mounted on tripods). Maybe when it gets to like 50MP, I’ll call it enough, coz that’s one limiting factor we need not worried as technology only gets cheaper.
But until then, keep going.

Now, let me start, I have dual 24" dell LCD setup with one going full screen for the photo and the other for tools for editing.