Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2009, 04:14 AM   #1

Printers

Gday
Does anybody print their own photos off their computer ,I was after some advice on printers.I don't know that much about them ,any Ideas on cost and maybe recommendations on some up to say 300 aussie dollars . Thanks in advance
Jaab

02-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Jaab,
I usually print at home if it's not 4x6in. I use Canon iP5200 that I bought 2-3 years ago. I buy paper from Red River Paper which, for my needs, = Ilford and other high quality papers. The major expense is ink.
You can check printing forum on dpreview. All depends on your needs for prints. Canon, Epson, HP are all good and inexpensive if you go for prints A4 or smaller. You can check, also, those thermal-dye printers. Just google around.
Good luck,
02-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like Epson

QuoteOriginally posted by jaab Quote
Gday
Does anybody print their own photos off their computer ,I was after some advice on printers.I don't know that much about them ,any Ideas on cost and maybe recommendations on some up to say 300 aussie dollars . Thanks in advance
Jaab
Can't say what an "aussie dollar" converts to in US dollars, but I'm a big fan of Epson printers. I've been using the R1800 (exclusively with Epson papers, it really does make a difference) for a couple of years now; if you don't want/need the 13" print format, the R800 is virtually identical with regular format and costs less. I got mine on discount for $350; the inks are pricey, however, with eight cartridges around $15 each and you can't really go off brand to cut costs without running into clogging problems.

I think the R1800 has been replaced by the R1900, but there may still be new ones around. Good luck,
Brian